Sunday, June 29, 2014

Mount St. Helen's

One of Shawn's bucket list items has always been to visit Mount St. Helen's.  Well check it off the list - it's been done!  We drove out on the weekend and loved seeing the beauty of Washington.  The site itself is really quite breathtaking and awe inspiring.  When you see the remains of the landslide from over 30 years ago - it really leaves you in awe of the power of nature.  The rangers said it was a great day to view the mount because it was so clear, which I guess is unusual.  So we timed it just right.


 There are still trees that were ripped apart from the blast and this is one of the many that spot the North side of the mountain.



Max was quite the sport for this trip.  We really are lucky to have such a great travelers - the kids never complain about road trips which is good because our road trips lately have been 4+ hours!  Max was in his happy place watching Frozen.  I had to take a picture of him watching the movie, he literally smiles like that during the entire show.  He loves him some Elsa and Anna!

----------------------


We tested out our first cherries of the season picking them fresh off the tree!  I am not a big cherry fan, but these Rainier's are awesome!  The kids always love to go picking so we made a night out of it.  Nothing beats yummy produce at amazing low prices!

----------------------

Finally, the saga is over - Sam finished the Harry Potter series two weeks ago!  I loved these books so much, and it has been so fun to get to share these books with him.  We both have some Potter Fever! I will continue to tell my kids that nothing beats a great book (lucky for us there were seven great books!)

3 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Seriously you guys are such a fun family! That's really awesome that you got to see Mt. Rainier and yum for the cherries!! Plus I LOVE your family pictures! You are beautiful and your kids are so cute - you should have like 18 more!! (Then you could have your own show on TLC and I would totally watch it!)

Freeman Family said...

I still have a vial of ash from Mt St. Helen's that my grandma got for me when she visited there shortly after it blew! What a fun trip for you guys! Carter is on the last Harry Potter book...I love that he and Sam are still so much alike even so many miles away!

Mandi said...

That is very impressive that he has read all of those. They are my personal favorite as well. I am constantly trying to instill a love for reading in my kids. I think I've finally got Cole there but Kallie is digging her heels in. I haven't found the "perfect" book for her yet I guess. Problem is she has read most of my favorites already. Send your list my way, would ya!