Saturday, August 9, 2014

Ballet Camp and Hayden Lake Weekend

Summer is just flying by but I think a lot of the reason is that the kids have been so busy with fun activities and we have been making the most of our weekends!  My friend teases me about being gone every weekend, but I can't help it - there are too many places too see and fun adventures to do.  I really want to look back at our live and feel like we have taken full advantage of every opportunity given us.  So opportunity 
#1: Ballet Camp!  Adorable - that is the only word to describe this.  The girls met for one hour for 5 days and learned a short routine that they performed on their last day!  They danced to Cinderella's "A Dream is A Wish Your Heart Makes" and Lyv was too cute for words.


After ballet camp and Jack's golf lessons (Photos of that coming soon) ended we loaded up the car and headed to Hayden Lake, Idaho to my Aunt Kate's cabin.  This place is one of the my favorite spots on earth, not only because the water is amazing, warm and clean but it is breathtakingly beautiful.  We spent two days playing in the water, water skiing (yes, even I skied, you can't help it the water is that warm!) lounging, making sand castles, and reading  It really is heaven on earth.  The other great bonus is that my sister Katie was there along with her three kids, so our kids enjoyed the time even more.


If you look hard you can see Lyv and Shawn over at "Minnow Island" as Lyvie took to calling it.  There are lily pads, minnows and turtles that live over in the shallow embankment.  She explored to her hearts content!


The older kids - Jack included, spent much of their time jumping off this platform dock!  Scary! But they loved it and kept going back for more.

Despite my best efforts Max was not a fan of the water --until he found this bucket of water on the deck.  Yes, this is the bucket to wash the sand off your feet.  He thought it was a perfect little hot tub for him.

Last but most definitely not least, we were able to spend time with my Aunt Kate!  She has always been my favorite Aunt, because she was so hands on.  She takes time to talk, to explore, to hug, and feed my kids and even jumps in the paddle boat with Jack…and that is always an adventure.  She is such an amazing woman and I am grateful that my kids had time with her.

No comments: