Friday, September 26, 2014

Life in Full Swing

Wow!  Life is busy these days.  With 2 of the kids in school all day, Lyv in preschool, and just Max I thought I would be kicking up my feet, eating bon bons in the parlor, reading a great book - not the case.  In fact sometimes I feel like its all I can do to keep a float.  The kids are busy, I am busy, Shawn is busy, we are building a house, and we trying to be involved and help out where we can - this apparently leads to crazy days!)  Thankfully it's a good crazy, and thankfully, I have amazing friends here in Yakima that help out swapping kids so I can be apart of my kids school experience, which I've been dying to do for years!  I am able to volunteer 2 times a week and help out in the classrooms and help out with Mileage Club (a mandatory running club that all the kids do to promote healthy living and exercise - which my kiddos love by the way).  I also get to hang out with the boys at lunch time after mileage club, and I love it!  It is so fun to be at the school and feel apart of the kids' learning community.  Lyv is loving preschool, and is lucky to be with 3 other friends from last years co-op, so all the kids seem pretty happy with their current classes.  The only one feeling a major difference is poor Max.  He has found out that mom is rather boring and that running errands isn't nearly as fun as he thought.  Though he is scoring a lot of fruit snacks and suckers out of all that.  

Jack was super excited to get his first mileage charm - they get a charm every 5 miles they run, and a t-shirt at 50 miles and a sweatshirt at 100 miles.  He's the first kindergartener to get a charm, mostly because he ran 2 miles on his first day trying to keep up with Sam, who is crazy dedicated!  After that first day, Jack has seen the light and slowed down a bit to a more manageable run, but he is still determined to finish with 100 miles by the end of the year.  There is nothing that makes me more happy than to see my kids trying their hardest.
The house is coming along - they have the foundation and basement walls poured, and soon the framing will start.  It is getting pretty real, and I am so excited to see how it transforms in the next few months.

No comments: