Saturday, November 15, 2014

Happy 2nd Birthday Max

2 years old! Really?  How can my baby be that old already!  The best thing about Max's birthday is that because it is on Veteran's Day and school is out, we all get to celebrate all day.  And did we celebrate!  Mickey Mouse is Max's obsession right now.  We eat, breath, and sleep Mickey Mouse (Mee-Mouse: in Max language)  So we started the day off with Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes and drank out of Mickey Mouse straws.  We then opened presents while watching Mickey Mouse.  His presents did not disappoint with the theme of the day - Mickey Mouse pillow pet, Mickey Mouse stuffed animal that sings the "Hot Dog" song, Mickey Mouse books and figurines…you get the idea!



 While Max enjoyed his Mickey Mouse morning extravaganza I got busy making his cake.  Yes you guessed it, a Transformer cake!  Okay, Okay…a Mickey Mouse clubhouse cake.  I couldn't help myself, because he would stare at the picture of this cake on my phone for minutes at a time and cry when the phone went to sleep!  It was worth the pain that sometimes is cake making because he was thrilled with the cake.

 After a fun day with friends and McDonald's (who could ask for more) we sang happy birthday to our Max Max!

 Grandma and Grandpa Summers joined in via Skype….love technology!
 We had one happy two year old boy and we are so happy he is part of our family!

Here are some things about Max at age 2:

He doesn't have a very healthy diet - he basically lives off of Life cereal, milk, fruit and bread!  Super frustrating, but so far I can't make a dent in this habit! Occasionally he'll surprise me and eat dinner but usually he just pokes around at his food!  
He is the best player!  He loves toys and he is self entertained.  He reminds me a lot of Sam in his love for toys (Cars, trains, legos) He loves to color with Lyv, play outside with the boys, and wash dishes/cook with me.  He is such a good boy.
He is also very independent (reminiscent of Jack).  He can be found standing on the counter trying to climb up a cupboard in search of raisins or bringing me the entire gallon of milk to fill up his cup!
He is sweet - oh so sweet - especially to me.  He gives hugs to all of us and loves when the kids or Shawn gets home from school/work.  He cuddles with me and has a weird obsession with my hair.  He twists it in his fingers and if we are within arms reach his little sticky fingers are touching it.  I have literally laid in bed with my head off the bed to try to get out of reach of his grasp and have looked up in horror to see his hand coming over the side.
He sings and dances and can count to 12, say his ABC's and nearly all the words to the Frozen soundtrack!) Thank Lyvie for that.
He loves animals especially dogs, and has no fear of them.  He'll go right up and get in their face, grab their fur, etc.  I am waiting for him to get his first nip!
He yells at the kids when I do…this is pretty funny actually.  He has a really low-growly voice that we have lovingly termed the Satan Voice, and he will say "NO!" in it when we ask him to do things he doesn't want to.  Or he'll tell the kids to "stop it" if they are doing something that they shouldn't.  
He finally submitted to going to Nursery without me or Shawn being there - YAY!!!!
He is one of my favorite people in the world - I mean that is obvious right, but really I love his sweet spunky personality, and love that I am still his shining star.  Love you Maxo!


1 comment:

Samantha said...

Such a sweet boy. He sounds so fun. I love his obsession with Mickey Mouse, Parker's is Thomas the Train. Glad he had a great B-Day!