Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May Moments

When did life get so busy, and time start flying so fast?  I can't believe we are half way through the month of May!!  We have had a very full month thanks to both boys' baseball.  We are either at practice, a game, and or both!  It can be a little crazy and hectic but it is all worth it when they get a hit or make a play.  Jack had a great game yesterday against the Rockies.  He had two great hits and made two plays in the field, so his spirits were very high!  Sam's team has been struggling this year, and have only won 1 game so far.  It has also been a big season for Sam, he has pitched his for the first time (CRAZY nerve wracking!!  I seriously wish he wouldn't' pitch, I can't handle it)… and he had a hitting slump.  But I am so proud of how he has pushed through and continued to give it his all in spite of having a slump. He has been manning third base for most games and doing a great job.  I am continually amazed at the progress we see each season, and love watching both boys playing ball.




 Max has taken the hint and decided baseball is his bag too!  He loves to play, and this is how I find him most days, saying "Wanna pay? (play).  Yes this is Sam's helmet, and yes it fits him like a glove!  Big heads are cool!
 Mother's Day turned into Mother's Day weekend, and boy did I feel the love!  Both Jack and Lyv had special Mother's Day programs in school, and I got pampered and loved.  Now that I have an older child, I especially appreciate these sweet programs and hand crafted cards and gifts, because they become fewer and further between as they get older.


Speaking of moments that I am coming to appreciate more and more - these are going to be a thing of the past in the next 5 months when Lyv starts school, and I am sad to see them go.  There are days when you are counting down the days when they will all be gone, but then there are days when I wish that all four were home, with no where to go and nothing to do but play.  

 Our yard isn't much of a yard, its more of a dirt pile with an abundance of weeds…but the kids are continuing to find ways to entertain themselves and keep busy.  This weekends adventure was finding a caterpillar, who is know called Jack Jr., and checking on the eggs of a bird whose made a nest among the weeds and grass in the middle of the back yard.  The three youngers could play outside all day, and I love that they can make the most out of it.








No comments: