Friday, October 17, 2014

October Moments

October always seem to start out great, mostly due to the chance we have to listen to General Conference, and hear from our modern day prophet and apostles. Not to mention a generous serving of cinnamon rolls.  It has taken a good 12 years, but I think that I have finally perfected the recipe.  They taste just like Grandma Julianne made them!
 Max was a wee bit distracting during conference

 Two weeks into October the kids pointed out that we had no Halloween decorations!  Am I failing as a mother?  How is this possible, that I didn't decorate for one of my favorite holidays??  So we amended this wrong right away.  The kids crafted our scary door this year, and I think they did a pretty terrifying job!

I always like to record when my kids reach milestones and/or firsts - and Jack had his first lawn mowing experience.  He was over joyed to be considered "old enough" for the job - which technically he isn't, but our lawn needed mowing and he was game.  Not to be out done, Sam decided to try out the weed whacking.  They both did a great first time job, and I am happy to add one more slave to the chore chart:)



 Jack also brought home this self portrait and I had to post it!  First of all if you know Jack, you know that he doesn't like to draw, color, or anything artsy or crafty.  It is a stretch to even get a stick figure out of him…so this was a step up!  He also likes to attempt to liven up his work with words - although backwards and scrambled, those are several conversation bubbles saying "Oh no!"  and that is rain coming down on the side of his head.  It was so adorable - love that he is moving on up in his art.



 I feel like poor Lyv hasn't had a picture on the blog for a really long time.  Life seems to have gotten so face paced and in between it all I am becoming a forgetful mother.  I did grab this shot playing on the playground at Sam's soccer practice.  This one loves to pose!

No comments: