Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas 2016

Christmas Break two weeks of no school and lots and lots of fun!  We have really enjoyed being together, relaxing, playing, eating and enjoying the season!  I took Lyv to the Nutcracker with some of her girlfriends, which has become a bi-annual tradition.  I love how excited they get to watch the dancers!  

 Jack had a Christmas piano recital and played Jingle Bells, Go Tell it on the Mountain and Jolly Old St. Nicholas.  He is really enjoying piano and has already flown through his primer books already.  I am so happy he has found another skill he enjoys sharing!

 The old man and I celebrated 14 years of marital bliss!  How did we mark the occasion…the classy way: hamburgers, fries, martinellis and watching the BYU bowl game!  That's how we get romantic!  I know I say this every year, but it rings true - Shawn is the best decision I ever made.  I am so grateful for his love, his friendship, his fun personality, and the goodness he brings to my life.  He is my one, my only!  He bought me 14 beautiful roses - and then we took an obligatory picture of the two of us…I'm looking rather pregnant….wow!  33 weeks and I'm officially spent.  This pregnancy is most certainly my last.  My body has put up the white flag of surrender and isn't even trying to cooperate and hold itself together.  But I'm SOOOO excited to see this sweet baby girl of ours.  I've been patiently waiting for little sister!  The count down is on.

 Christmas Eve was celebrated with our dear friends the Lancasters and the Bolles.  We have celebrated 4 years together and I can imagine that it will continue on until we are old and gray!  We are lucky to have such great friends here in Yakima.  It is what made me feel like this could be home for us.


 After partying it up at the Lancasters - we headed home for Christmas pjs, and reading the Christmas story.  It was such a sweet spirit that enveloped our house as we watched a short video of the Savior's birth.  I am grateful for the chance we have to celebrate the gift of our Savior.
 The kids finally surrendered to sleep…but it didn't last long.  We heard the pitter patter of little feet around 3:45 AM…yes, folks, morning!!  We told them to look through their stockings and then they could go back to sleep until at least 5:30.  But NOOOOO….Lyv poked her cute little head in my room at 4 am, wanting to open gifts!!  I quickly shooed them back to bed and tried to sleep for a few more hours.  At 6:30 they finally pulled us out of bed and began to go through Santa's surprises.  I think all of the kids got what they wished for…especially the boys.  Jack got an iPod nano, Sam; a fitbit; and Max a bike!  Lyv had so many requests, that I'm sure the elves and Santa couldn't even begin to pick which was the best….but hopefully she was happy with what they chose.





Max became a quick pro on his bike…it made him look so grown up, and that made me a little sad;(  My baby isn't a baby anymore!  Good thing I have replacement coming in a few months.

 Even Stone enjoyed Christmas morning - it ended up being a beautiful sunny day and we played outside with him for a few hours.  He loves being around the kids and is a bit of a handful, nipping and jumping at everyone, but we love him!



 The rest of the break has been spent skiing - Lyv even went this year!  She is a pro already, and I can't wait to see the rest of the kids improving and loving skiing as a family.  They all went sledding - and Max, who is usually the biggest chicken in the world, surprised his dad by going solo on the red saucer.  Shawn was down at the bottom of the hill and heard a little voice say, "Now that's what I'm talking about!" He turned around to his surprise and there was Max jumping off the sled after completing his first run!  What a goof ball.   We went to Sing, the movie; the yogurt shack, the trampoline park, and spent afternoons with friends.

Sam especially has been the ski lover - he has been three times and wants to keep going everyday.  Overall I think all four kids have enjoyed Christmas break…and so have I.  I love having them home.  I miss having the slow, easy going mornings and flexibility of no schedule that these breaks provide.  I will be sad to send them back to school.


 Max, so far is the only one that succumbed to the late nights and year mornings, and constant partying…he is a little under the weather right now, but there is nothing like a new Iron Man costume to raise his spirits!  He was shooting us all with his hands last night, and I couldn't get enough of it!  He just cracks me up.


No comments: