Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boys say (and Do) the darndest things.....

It has been awhile since I posted a little something about the boys and they are still as funny, frustrating, and crazy as ever.

Sam came in yelling "Mom, I really do have super powers!"
"You have super powers! What are they?"
Sam finally finds me and I see the muddy resemblence of my little boy - "I can go super duper fast on my bike, and even through mud!"

We had a ward service project yesterday and we took the kids to go help clean up yards that needed help. Sam was such a good helper! Really he jumped right in to sweeping, raking, and bagging leaves and grass. It is never too early to start working, and even though I thought it would be a lot of work for me, I was so glad we took him because he really enjoyed the experience.

My Jack is constantly on the move- seriously this boy only stops when I lay him down for a nap (Oh what a glorious time) or bed (oh what a glorious time). I think that this sounds mean, but if you were with this Energizer Bunny all day, every day, you would be thanking your lucky stars too! He thinks he is such a big boy, and yesterday he observed Sam going potty outside. I brought him back and in a minute he had ran back to the scene of the crime, pointing and making Jack noises. I nodded and said, Yep that is where Sam went potty; and took him back to the garage. Again he runs back to the outside potty spot and now he starts pulling down HIS pants ---- oh this boy is so funny!

Jack never cries when we discipline him - whether it is a spanking (yes we spank our kids) or a time out, or whatever he NEVER cries. Today I was trying to pack up some boxes to take to the storage unit and just as fast as I would pack them, Jack was right behind me unpacking them. I finally lost it and turned to him and very angrily said "No, no, no, no,...." His eyes welled up and his bottom lip started to quiver, and he looked at me with those blue sad eyes, and I almost started to cry. I quickly grabbed him and hugged him, and told him how much I loved him. So I guess it is a good thing that Jack never cries, because if he did, I could stand to ever discipline him.

No comments: