Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lyv's Blessing Day

We blessed Olyvia today, and it was a wonderful day. Shawn gave such a sweet blessing, and we were surrounded by our family. My little brother J.D. also blessed his youngest daughter Emmy today, so we had a really great day. Here are a bunch of pictures. I had a little photo shoot with Lyv yesterday in her blessing dress (which is the dress I was blessed in) and the pictures turned out really great. She is such a beautiful girl, and not only that she is a WONDERFUL baby. We love her so much and are again so happy to have her in our family. Thank you to all of our family that have shown us love and support, and who have helped us while we've been here. We love you all, and will really miss you while we are far, far away! J.D. and Emmy
A fun little side note - I made her crib quilt with the cutest material, and we were able to find plates and napkins that had the exact same pattern of the quilt on it (Love Hobby Lobby!) Then my sister Katie had Rachel Hammond make a cake to match the quilt and napkins - and whalla! A perfectly coordinated party.......

4 Generations - Jeanne Siddoway, Julianne S. Hill, Megan H. Summers, Olyvia Jeanne Summers

Olyvia is named after my Grandma Jeanne and here is a picture of her and her amazing namesake.


Grandmas and Grandpas

12 comments:

Britney said...

She is absolutely gorgeous! I love the pictures with the flowers and the cake is amazing! Also we took a similar hand picture with Hailee and my grandma. Precious moments.

Cassie said...

She is darling, and Megan you look SOO good!! Seriously I would never guess you just had a baby! I hope I recover as quickly as you! Beautiful blanket you made too!

My Everythings said...

Precious. You look gorgeous and I love that cake. It is beautiful. That is sooo cool they had plates and napkins to match her fabric!

Freeman Family said...

Happy Blessing day! Lyv is absolutely beautiful! I love the painted nails too! I really love the hands pictures with your grandma..you should do a 4 generation hand picture. We are so excited to see you and meet her in exactly 23 days! Oh, by the way, I met your friend Jennifer at a garage sale the other day! Miss you and can't wait to smooch her!

Ashton & Co. said...

I love that your dad was still wearing his apron in the picture of them! :) we are so glad we were able to spend this day with you guys. LYv is SO adorable. Love all the pics!!!!

Jennilyn said...

You look amazing by the way! I am so excited to see you guys! Those pictures are perfect and I can't believe that cake, so cute! How special to have that many generations.

Beth Willmore said...

Um ok I love the pic of Rick wearing his apron... :) She is so beautiful Megan - and that cake looked fabulous! That's neat that JD blessed his little girl the same day!

{Erica} said...

she is so beautiful guys! And meagan you look amazing!

Amber said...

aw she is so beautiful! i bet you are loving having a girl. I love that cake too. I hope all is going well...please call us before you leave!

Mandi said...

She is beautiful, and possibly makes me a teeny, weeny bit baby hungry. Oh they are so sweet when they are tiny and quiet. Love It.

The Halls said...

So beautiful Meg I just loved those picture's what a special day!!! Can't wait to see you soon!!

Nicolette said...

Oh she is absolutely beautiful!!!! I love her! Aren't girls so sweet. I love the picture of her hand and Grandma Jeanne's. How long do you anticipate being in NY for. Yes, we definitely need to come visit; I've never been before. Love you!