Thursday, May 19, 2011

Summers' Schenanigans...the Good, Bad, & the UGLY

The good... Commencement! We had our preschool graduation for Sam on Wednesday. At the beginning of the year, I questioned myself daily on whether this was a good choice to keep Sam for one more year. Now that we have reached the end, I'm confident that it was the best choice. He is such a smart boy, and loves learning. Here are the boys in front of the "preschool" area, posing with all they've learned and accomplished this year. They were wonderful.He and Jack have become such great friends, and I love seeing them play together, talk together, share together, and fight. Good Job, Sam! We celebrated with the kids favorite: Dunkin' Donuts (my kids can't get enough of them and Jack wakes up asking for more Dunkin' Donuts, mom?)

The bad... Nasty - Porkchops and Milk! Jack's mind works in mysterious ways, and I often wonder how he comes up with some of the things he thinks of doing... point in case: Let me dip my pork chop bone (already gross) into my milk and suck off the juice. If that description isn't given you dry heaves, then I don't know what will? To make things worse you have Shawn who is laughing hysterically at him, and me who is running to get the camera... what more incentive does a person have to continue to do crazy things?? The UGLY... shield your eyes, and prepare for some 2 year old nudity. The week has been dreary with rain, and the boys had been cooped up long enough. They headed outside during a slight intermission, and found that the dirt patch and turned into lovely mud. Sam came in to tattle on Jack, informing me that he was in the mud. I told him I'd be out in a second, (Sam took this as a sign that it was okay for him to follow Jack's example). I grabbed the camera, and by the time I got back out THIS is what had unfolded. You can imagine my surprise at finding these two wild boys covered in mud. After a quick picture, I had to do what any mean mom would do - hose them off with freezing cold water before putting them in the shower. (I hoped that no one passing by would report me to child services as they watched me do this). Now, I'm one who does appreciate mud and playing in it, but taking off my clothes and throwing on each other and the house is where I have to draw the line.
Finally I snapped a pic of Lyv during her nap. She wakes up so happy after sleeping, playing with her stuffed animals and looking at books. As soon as I walk in she smiles and starts to hand me all of her dear, dear friends from the crib and "talk" to me about what she's been doing. She has been such a sweet heart lately. She loves to hug and kiss Shawn and I. It is nice to have her get so happy to see you. She says "hi, hi, hi" as soon as Shawn walks in and then showers him with kisses. She can have major attitude and be super sassy, but the sweetness inside of her melts my heart.

4 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Ok - pork chops and milk DEFINITELY gave me the dry heaves! Also love the title of your post, mine from 2 days ago was titled the exact same thing! Sometimes that's how our lives go!
Also loved (in a on pedophile way) the little naked pics! The crazy things our kids do when we're not looking, and I TOTALLY would have hosed them off too!

Beth Willmore said...

That was supposed to be in a NON pedophile way. I think I've now made it worse...

Julie said...

We all think Shawn was so nice to dress up in a shirt and tie for the graduation!! You have a streaker on your hands. I know that is the way Shawn prefers to mow the lawn so Jack came by that naturally! I love you all and I am so excited to see you soon. Hope all is well. Give all those little nudists a hug from us!

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. Those boys of yours are crazy funny.