Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Summer is in Session

Break out the sunscreen and sprinklers, swimsuits and bikes, grab your baseball mits and gardening gloves its summer! The kids have been anxiously awaiting the appearance of warmer weather, and it looks like Mother Nature has bestowed her good graces on us and the sun will be smiling down on Rosendale for the next four months!

Jack has been making a game out of moving... the most recent destination has been Alaska. Why Alaska? I have no idea, I'm not even sure how he became aware of Alaska in general. Lyv crawled into the suitcase the other day, and he quickly commanded her to get out. I asked him why he couldn't take Olyvia to Alaska with him, and without hesitation responded, "I'm too busy!" I'm sure I don't know where I've heard those words before?
Sam started Tee-Ball and is loving it. It has been a long awaited step for him. He really loves baseball and can hit the ball great. Shawn and I have loved seeing him enjoy sports.
Yesterday we hit up Lowes and got our patio garden started. While I was doing this, Lyv had wondered into this....



My Mud Princess.

I looked over at her slapping the mud puddles and couldn't help but smile. She was in heaven. How could I stop her, she was happy, I was getting the garden planted, it was a win-win, right? The clean up was a little messy, but I think she has a love of dirt and mud engrained in her.

3 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

OH my! Our grass is still yellow here!!!! I can't believe your kids are in SWIMSUITS!!! Way cute pics- love and miss you guys!!! we are all about mud princesses at our house. Those are the best kind!

Jilene said...

I ran into your old roommate, Stefanie, the other night at a dental hygiene class! Come to find out, she lives really close to us--like 10 min. away. She said you guys are having a reunion this summer in Island Park. So fun!

Julie said...

I couldn't stop laughing at Lyv!! Those pics are priceless. Jake used to threaten to move to Alaska too. Why Alaska, I don't know. Jack is so cute. Sam is getting so grown up. We are sure excited to see you in a month!!