Friday, August 16, 2013

Max at 9 Months

Max is finally moving!  You think after 4 kids I would know what to expect with a baby, but each one has a very unique personality.  Max doesn't seem to be as adventurous as the others (sigh of relief) - BUT he also doesn't try to anything for himself either.  If he wants me to hold him, we doesn't crawl to me.  He sits and cries at me until I can't stand it any longer and finally pick him up.  He won't feed himself.... in fact he doesn't put any food in his mouth at all. He'll only eat it if I'm giving to him, preferably on a spoon!  So this has made for a sweet and lovable, but rather high maintenance baby boy.  This scares me a bit.  He might be our baby, so I can only imagine that this personality trait will be enabled by all 5 of us who cater to his every need.

August 15th - he crawled for the first time!!  Yay!  I was starting to get worried, but like I said, he only does it if he wants to.  If I'm around he prefers me to carry him.

He's also started to eat real food.  He completely stopped eating baby food = can't blame him!  He's been loving food, and screams if we don't shovel it in fast enough.

Milestone #3 - He slept through the night for the first time on the 14th.  We had to let him cry it out for a few nights, and Lyv took up a permanent residence on the couch for a week, but he's doing much better, and sleeping mostly through the night.  He's also started to nap more regularly.  This poor guy!  His life has been a roller-coaster of events, time zones and moves... there never was a great time to start initiating a "schedule", but now we have one at least in the works.

He has sixth cute teeth and he continues to be such a good baby.  He is very content, and loves LOVES to give hugs.  My favorite part of the day is getting Max out of bed, because he gives me a full on bear hug each time.  It is precious and I try to revel in each hug.

He's found his way into his new favorite toy - the Domino's!  What mess and he does this about 10 times a day.  Why do I even bother to pick them up?  Well so he can spill them all out again! of course.

The kids nickname for Max is Memo.  Not sure where this came from but at least it's moved up from Pickle and Salsa.  Max loves his bath and loves to kick tidal waves with his fatty thighs.  He literally dives out of my arms into the tub if we head into the bathroom.  He still makes some of the funniest noises and grunts and we love listening to him babble.  My nephew Nathan commented when we were home in Idaho, "Does this baby ever shut up?"  Not very nice, but he wasn't being mean - Max just has a lot to say.  I am in awe at how much I love this stage of life.  I could just eat him up...he is just so much fun.





1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness...He's so cute! I think he's starting to look a little like Lyv in these pics. Glad to hear he's sleeping better, I hope it continues for you. Miss you guys!