Saturday, August 29, 2015

First Day of School 2015


1st Day of School 2015 found the Summers' clan at Cottonwood Elementary.  That's right we're Coyotes baby.  Although we are sad to leave our sweet Summitview family, we are excited to start out a new year with friends from both of our ward families.  Jack and Sam started the day in their new duds - Sam is entering 4th Grade (Mrs. Womach) and Jack is starting 1st Grade (Mrs. Petre)


They do a staggered start for kindergarten to give the kids a chance to ease into school.  Lyv was so so excited to start her adventure in school, and was even more excited to see that her best friend from Preschool, Mae, is in her class.  They each hung up their apple during kindergarten orientation night as class of 2028!

Olyvia's first official day of school was Friday.  She is in Mr. Marshall's class and couldn't wait to get to school Friday morning.  She put on her new outfit, packed her lunch, and eagerly awaited the bus ride.





About two weeks ago I was more than ready to have Lyv start kinder.  She was acting up more than usual and teasing Max, and I thought she needs to get out and be with kids her own age!  So as the time approached for school to start, I was as eager as she was.  But when Friday morning came and I packed her lunch with a special treat and note, it made sad that I had wished the time away.  I drove the kids to the bus stop and waited…as soon as I saw it turn the corner towards us, I started crying.  My little girl is all grown up and off to her next adventure.  I was so happy that she was ready and excited to start school, there was no looking back for her, but I will miss my friend!  and poor Max will miss his partner in crime too!

No comments: