Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Yakima Summer FUN

As I looked through the pictures I realized that Shawn must have taken a lot of them - I missing a lot and need to get them added to my phone.  We have been making the most out of every second of summer.  We really live in a great place with access to a lot of outdoor adventures which I greatly appreciate.  So here is a list of some of our adventures:

Ice blocking with the Lancasters!  Our buddies were taking their exodus to Utah in a few days so we got in as much time as we could with them.  We also tried out floating the Yakima River for the first time.  The maiden voyage wasn't that big of a hit because it was the one day out the three months of summer that decided to be cold!  We've gone two other times since and have loved those trips - it will be a regular summer activity for our family.

Hiking!  We had to make a trip out to Boulder Cave and we found a great cliff jumping spot on the river at the end of the trail.  The kids thought that was pretty awesome!

 I got to attend the temple with the Young Women and Young Men from Yakima 6th ward.  It was a great chance to spend time with these amazing young people, and spend time with a great friend - Sydney!  We of course had to include ourself in the picture...
 Oh yeah baby!! Football is in full swing here and Sam is trying his first year at tackle football for the West Valley Scouts.  He is super excited and looks like he might be playing quarter back for the team.  He is sporting #7 (Harry Potter's number) so we will definitely have more pictures of the action. (Shawn is LOVING LOVING LOVING this - can I say that enough - he goes to practice to watch four nights a week, and eats it up like he's wearing pads. I am sure he wishes he was, but man I haven't seen him this excited for a long time)

Other items not pictured but most surely enjoyed: Swimming lessons for the three olders, homemade slushy making and pizza making; late nights and more late nights, swimming at friends pools, and trips to Franklin Pool where Olyvia mastered the slide!  She was a very timid and didn't want to try at first, but after the first run, she was sold and wouldn't get off the slide.

Finally Max and me…. this will be the story of my life here in two weeks.  He is going to be my companion in crime!  I hope he's ready for it:)
We have one more trip home to welcome Jake home from mission to Australia, and then our summer will be officially over!  It has been a whirlwind summer for sure but so so so much fun.   I think the kids will look back fondly at the memories we made this summer!  (I might consider returning to school a vacation of sorts, but the action never seems to die down, and I really wouldn't want it any other way).

No comments: