Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Rite of Passage - Hard Working Man




Last Saturday Shawn had his Rite of Passage ceremony at school. It is a recognition of the second years medical students transitioning from book work to clinical work. It was really great to see Shawn in his "white coat" and I know he is really excited to start the practical part of school. I just have to take a minute to brag Shawn up, not only does he work his tail off at school (he's done really great!), but he also is willing to work his tail off at home. He's been vamping up our landscaping, and I'll be posting a before and after picture once we can get the flowers planted. He has done an awesome job! Thanks Shawn - I love you!

7 comments:

Debbi said...

way to go Shawn! What a great thing - I don't know why they made them sit all together, last year they got to sit with their families - I guess it went a little faster this year but not that much faster! oh well, great job!

{Erica} said...

yay...you're no longer a first year!! He looks mighty spiffy in the white coat. And I can't wait to have some landscape to have bret work on :) can't wait to see the pics of your yard!

Andrea said...

Very cool Megan!!!! Congrats to Shawn-- its about time they get to start applying what they have learned these past 2 years!!! How exciting :) I can't wait to see the pics of your yard

Ashton & Co. said...

Way to go Shawn! I can tell you're so proud of him Meg. I can't wait to see the yard- maybe he can come work on ours when he's done!:) Love you guys!

Julie said...

Shawn looked so handsome in his white coat! We are so proud of him,!!! I am anxious to see the flower garden when it is finished. I would love a copy of his picture in his white coat!?! Love you all!!

Amber said...

Great job Shawn! The White coat looks so official! I wish we could get spring so we could start on a yard too.

The Wilks Family said...

Congratulations Shawn! That little boy of your is soooo cute! I love the little scrunched smiles he has.