Saturday, April 26, 2008

Sam's Saturday Soup - Shaved!

First off this week we have an update on Sam's hair. It had gotten pretty long, though still so cute and curly. As a result, I had lost motivation to get it wet every morning and "do it" (thank heavens I'm not having a girl yet!) So we decided it was time to shave it for the summer. Here's a before, middle, and after shot. Nice Bed Head
We were laughing so hard at this stage of the cut
Two handsomely bald boys!

Second: Sam made a really fun comment to me a few days ago. I was changing into my pjs at night and due to my expanding belly I was showing a little skin. Sam was like "Ew - your belly! Mommy it makes me sad to see your belly!" I laughed so hard. Can you imagine the heartbreak and tears I'm going to have to deal with when I'm 8-9 months??

Finally, last night we went to the YMCA's Oey, Goey Family Night and the kids got to play with silly puddy, gak, shaving cream, and playdough. It was really fun and nice to get dirty somewhere else besides home!



Hope you are all having a great week - until next time.

8 comments:

{Erica} said...

we were going to go last night but decided on some other plans...from your pictures I wish we would've made time for both...it looks so fun!!

Sam's hair is my favorite of any little boys hair around!! Buzzed or not he still is the best looking boy I know and man does he look so much older with it buzzed! YAY for summer haircuts!

ps seriously...spinning rims?

Ashton & Co. said...

Meg, your blog is always so cute! I always look forward to Saturdays! I miss you guys- give Sam kisses and Shawn a little booty slap from Joel. I still can't believe it's another boy! I wanted to get rid of all my girl clothes for good!:) We're so excited for you! P.S. DO NOT buy a diaper bag!:) hee hee

Amber said...

That is so funny that he just let you shave his head. most kids are scared of the clippers. I've been dying to cut Paysons but don't know if he will go for that quite yet. Broc wants him to have a mullet...imagine that! Anyways looks like he had fun at the YMCA. Have a good one!
p.s. I know how it is about the belly thing....Broc always told people I was "large". Made me feel so good I tell ya:)

Shane and Jill said...

I didn't know that the YMCA did stuff like that! Wow, my girls would have a blast with stuff like that! Have a great day!

Julie said...

Shawn and Sammy really look alike now with the new hairdos! I miss his curls but the short hair will be great for summer. Oh.... I miss Sammys culy hair too. ( haha) Cheers to my two baldys! Love you all!

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh!!!!!!! I can't believe Sam has a buzz--he is such a little stud I love the new summer hair-do! And hey....SO easy to do in the mornings right>>>

Courtney said...

Oh my, the fuuny things kids say! That made me laugh. I think Sam looks great all shaved! He and his daddy are a great combo!

Family Scads said...

You are so brave. I don't think that I could shave my son's head. But that is probably because I have bald kids and it takes their hair way too long to grow! Sam looks so cute!