Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Megan made me do it...

I feel so honored to have been entrusted with this incredible responsibility of making a post on this blog. Meg is in Idaho with Sam, but insisted I stay behind to watch over the blog and keep it updated. I tried to convince her that I really was not worthy of such a job, that I could not possibly live up to her standards of blogging. She reinforced the idea that I was actually capable. After that, I really really tried to change her mind by claiming that my manhood might be at stake, but here I am. My parents and Jake came over this last week and we celebrated Sam's birthday, went to the zoo, went to Nauvoo, and played a little golf. We had a great time with them, and I am also proud to say I still haven't had a heart attack after nearly eating 10 times my body weight in 1 fantastic week of good ol' Iowa grub! I can always count on eating well when family visits. Not that Meg doesn't feed me well the rest of the time... Anyway, here are the pics!

I hope Jake realizes his hair will probably end up looking like mine and not Dad's.

I love riding the zoo train!



This is us trying to mimmick how the Saints looked and felt as they were forced to leave their homes in Nauvoo and cross the Mississippi in the dead of winter.


Carthage was awesome as always, kind of like me.

Meg did a great job with Sam's Buzz Lightyear cake. I'm not being sarcastic this time.



Sam thought the farm themed gifts were pretty cool and had a fun birthday. Meg and I worked the graveyard shift for a few nights trying to get the barn done, and it turned out not too shabby considering the fact that I whittled it all out of one solid piece of wood.

This is me being too lazy to figure out how to rotate this picture of us at the zoo the right way. Now, it's time for bed. Hope you enjoyed the pictures!!

13 comments:

Debbi said...

That barn turned out awesome! good job! - and good job posting, now convince the rest of our husbands to do it. :)

Megan and Shawn said...

Wow Shawn I have to say I'm impressed - you always go above and beyond the call of duty! Thanks hon, I love you!

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

You did great Shawn. There's no way in heck i could get Nick to do that. I really like the barn(did you guys build that) my son would love that. He is a pure farm boy!

Jo Ann Anderson said...

Hey great work on the barn!!! It looks like so much fun for a little boy. Great post!

Ashton & Co. said...

Wow! That barn is WAY cute! I love all the commentary... I was laughing the whole time. Does Shawn know how to check comments, too, or is that on a whole other level beyond his capacities? Those pics are all really good- Nauvoo looked like fun! You guys are the perfect replicas of I'm sure what the Saints looked like...rested, in their cool shorts, hats, t-shirts, and flip-flops. With a nice warm meal at the Nauvoo Inn, with their meals and rooms comped for being potato farmers, ya know. I'm sure life was that rough for them, too!!:) Good job shawn! I've been waiting to see these!!!

Ashton & Co. said...

P.S. Nice whittling...do you also do wedding arches out of beach wood?

Jennilyn said...

WOW Shawn I am impressed! I tried to convince Christian to write a post for my Birthday but it resulted in me doing one for myself. You have shown all the Dad's out there that you can still be a man and write a blog post. GOOD JOB MEGAN!!! WE miss you already!!!

Brigit said...

You might as well hand over your man card now Shawn. Congrats on joining the blogging world!

Great job on the post. It looks like you guys had a great time with Mom, Dad and Jake. I am glad that Sammy had a great birthday.

See you at Thanksgiving, right???

Amber said...

I always knew there was a reason you and Broc were such good friends.....you are like two peas in a pod! You kill me Shawn, I just laughed the whole post. I'll have to show Broc tomorrow, he's asleep right now. Megan Your belly is so cute! You better teach Shawn how to rotate a picture.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are all having a great time. Love the buzz light year cake. Megan you look so adorable!

Britney said...

I love your barn! It looks like a lot of work. Sam is so cute and I had a lot of fun at the reunion with you guys!

Julie said...

Was I there? Hey, Shawn you did a great job. Loved the comments! We sure had a great time while there. See you in September! We hope to get Sammy fishing some time this week. Call your mummy will ya?!? ( haha) love you all....

Nicolette said...

Shawn, congrats upon delving into the wonderful world of blogging. Hope to hear more from you--you're a natural! Meg, I absolutely LOVED seeing you in Idaho and chatting about the good stuff!