Saturday, August 2, 2008

Sam's Saturday Soup - The Return!

So we are finally back from our fun vacation to Idaho. We really had a great time visiting our family, playing in the water, seeing all the new little cousins, and of course - enjoying Pioneer Day!! I also need to thank Shawn for the great job he did on the blog while I was gone. I know it was a huge sacrifice for him, but he managed to pull through. Also I came back to a very fun exciting surprise - Shawn surprised me with Brad Paisley concert tickets and an overnight trip to Kansas City for my birthday.

We had a great time, seriously it was amazing to see him play the guitar and Jewel was touring with him and she yodelled, which is one of my favorite things she does: enjoy the video!

Thanks Shawn - you're the best.

Sam and Grandpa Kelly fishing - this pond was incredible. It is stocked, so the fish literally fight to get on the hook. Sam caught three fish, one he hooked in the tail! He had a great time.
Sam and "his girls" the Ashton girls heading up to fish.
Cowboy Sam - we went to the Pioneer Day Rodeo and Sam loved it. He loved being in his cowboy clothes and watching the bucking broncs and the bulls!

Sam and his cousins at the Sand Dunes - the loved playing in the sand and roasting hotdogs and smoresThis is me at 35 weeks - only five more weeks to go! Yea! I can't wait to get our little guy here.
Sam and his cousins on a float with my Grandma Jeanne - as you can see, he was very excited to be! Thanks mom for holding him there so we could get a picture!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm seriously so jealous you went to the brad paisley concert!!!!! You rock, and you look awesome.

Courtney said...

LUCKY!!! That is one concert I would love to go to! I'm jealous!

I can't believe you only have 5 weeks left, how exciting! I'm glad you and Sam had a good time in Idaho.

Ashton & Co. said...

How fun! I bet that was an awesome concert! Where was Sam?

So glad you made it home safe- thanks for calling me so much while you were here! I love all the pics-you are so cute prego! We love and miss you guys!!!

{Erica} said...

gold star for shawn. I bet that was so much fun! I'm not a huge country fan, but I totally dig mr. Paisley and jewel. FUN!

You're such a super cute pregnant lady. serioulsly you're glowing!

We need to all get together now that we're all back...

Nicolette said...

Oh my gosh, with all the partying in Idaho I totally forgot to look for your amazing birthday card!!! I'm such a total jerk! But no fear, I will be on the prowl for the perfect Halmark (you know how much searching is involved in this!). That's awesome that Shawn surprized you with tickets. It was almost nice being gone from Zac for so long because he was sooooo sweet when I got back! I loved seeing you and your family. I say we send in the official adoption papers for the Hills to be my second family!

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

O.K. So that is so unfair at how good you look at 35 weeks pregnant. anyways, i saw you at the parade but it was to far to yell, so HI. How lucky to go to that concert. He is one of my favs.

Brigit said...

What a great post! I love Brad Paisley. I bet it was a great concert. Way to go Shawn! That pic of Sam and Grandpa is priceless!! AND, you look darling. I can't believe that you only have 5 weeks left. I am so excited!!! Happy Birthday this week!!!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Megan!! You are definately our favorite daughter in law!! ( don't tell ALL the others) Can't wait to see little Jack! Love to all.....

Anonymous said...

Okay so you rock for getting to go see Jewel. She is my FAVORITE!! Go Shawn! You look amazing pregnant and I cannot believe you only have 5 weeks left. Thanks for being so thoughtful and being a good friend. You're awesome and I hope you had a fabulous birthday in Kansas City. Sam look super cute in that birthday picture with you.

Amber said...

I'm glad you had fun here in idaho but I'm sad I didn't see you! Hopefully next time though;) That is awesome you went to Brad Paisley....good move Shawn! I can't believe you are almost ready to have that baby. you look so good!