Saturday, December 6, 2008

Summers Sons' Saturday Soup

Christmas has finally come to the Summers' residence! I am a full believer that Christmas celebrations or decorations don't occur until after Thanksgiving - so Monday when we returned from Denver our house was transformed with Christmas decor and music filled the air!
Meet Marty our Elf on the Shelf! Sam doesn't seem to be as intimidated at this as he should be!

We did everything that day and by late afternoon Jack was so exhausted that during tummy time he crashed on the floor!
Lately the boys have been hanging out in my bed while I get ready and today Sam and Jack were laying by each other and Sam says, "Mom Jack had a booger but its okay - I got it for him!" What a good helper! Sam and Jack have really started to interact well these past two weeks, and Jack will just stare and smile at Sammy and it makes Sam so excited. I love these two little guys.
Sam went to a super fun birthday party at Pump It Up (has big blow-up toys)and had a ball. We are going to miss all of our little buddies we've made here.
Friday Shawn and I hosted a Christmas party with a bunch of our friends out here. We had such a fun time, and I hope they all did too. Unfortunately I failed to take many pictures but here are a few.
Thanks Javien for taking the picture!

Lately Sam has been really into growling at people, especially adults that talk to him, to Shawn and I's horror! At first it was kind of funny, but now it really is getting old. Does anyone have any suggestions in teaching him to use his manners (he does have them)???

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANKS SO MUCH for being GREAT hosts to a wonderful party. I am so glad you guilted me into coming because it was WAY too much fun to miss out on. You guys are awesome and I am sure going to miss this come next Christmas and no one is here. Sorry the picture is blurry... I swear it is your camera and not my child =) Thanks for everything - you guys seriously rock and I love the CDs and our prize. Is it the finale for Amazing Race?? Our house at 7 if it is. Talk to you later.

Ashton & Co. said...

I'm glad your party went good! The pics on the side that we took look SO great! Cute pics of the boys. The one of Jack on his tummy is precious. We were laughing at the boy next to Sam in the party pic. He looks like he's picking his nose... Cute post! We love our elf, too. Ours is named Snowflake. Love ya!

Amber said...

sometimes kids just need time to let bad habits pass i think cuz brylee has a few that i don't know what to do with either. The joys of being a mother! Looks like a fun party you had!
Tonight Broc and I went to Four Christmases and Broc was saying how he wished Shawn was there to laugh with him cuz it was so funny. We definately need to get together this christmas! And your Christmas decor looks great!!

Julie said...

What a pretty Christmas tree! We got ours up Saturday night.....BAH HUMBUG!! We need some snow to get into the mood. This year is certainly different than last year. I love your blog and all the cute pictures. Happy Birthday Shawn on Friday!! Love you all...

{Erica} said...

you guys sure know how to throw a party...seriously it was so much fun!

don't you just love the Elf on a Shelf...behavior around here improves instantly when i point out that "red" is watching :)

your tree is beautiful.

p.s. i'm sure it's just a phase...

Andrea said...

Your Christmas party looked and sounded like so much fun! SAD we couldn't make it.

Oh ya, and I just noticed the "Cars" spread throughout your Christmas tree. How fun...I bet Sam really gets a kick out of that!

Courtney said...

Sure wish we could have been at the party, I heard it was great!