Friday, August 21, 2009

Saturday Soup

This week has been loaded with fun things for me and the boys. 1st - the zoo. The kids had a great time, and the animals were all out and about, so it made it twice as fun.

We then hit the Museum of Idaho and went to the Titanic exhibit. It was really neat to see the artifacts they have uncovered, and they gave each of us a ticket with a passenger's name on it and at the end, we found out if "we" survived. Very cool (Hahahaha...)!

We went hiking on Wednesday up to Heise - a local hot springs. I had to laugh as we started on the trail because of this caution sign:


however the we saw no snakes, plenty of little lizards though. The kids especially loved cooling off in the stream that runs through the trail - Jack too! He has no fear of water, whether it be freezing cold or luke warm he loves it. This was no exception.


I also had two VERY exciting things happen -

1. I had my 1st ever REDBOX experience. I know, very exciting!
(me and my niece Tyleigh)

2. I am getting braces! (cry, sniffle) 10 years ago I was realized from metal mouth bondage with a dazzling set of perfectly straight teeth. Now through unexplainable events (I didn't wear my retainer faithfully, and my wisdom teeth came in) they have shifted leaving me with a horrible snaggle tooth! I can stand it no longer, and so long story short..... I'm going to look like a 15 year old again. Oh well, I can stand it for 6-12 months right? Shawn is SUPER excited since he has never kissed a girl with braces. I'm sure he'll love it!
The weeks are going by very quickly for the boys and I. Shawn is Colorado right now, and will be there for 1 more week. Thank you Dan and Brigit for being the hostests with the mostest! It has made a HUGE difference for Shawn to be with family this month, and we are so grateful that he really only had to do 2 months of complete solitude. I'm hopefuly going to head out for a weekend trip to PA while he is in Allentown next month. We hope you all have a great week.

6 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

Looks like lots of fun! Love all the pics from Denver, too.

Freeman Family said...

Geez, braces and redbox both? Slow down girl! I never noticed you had a snagletooth! If I recall, didn't you only see a dentist like once the whole time you were in Iowa? HEE HEE! Jacko looks like he wants so bad to get ALL wet, not just his chubby little legs! It was so good to talk to you the other day! Miss you!

Freeman Family said...

One more thing..did you notice in your post on our blog that you were "homesick" I think this is a sign that Iowa is your home away from home and you need to seriously come back! Your cute little house is still here waiting for you to return..get on Shawn about that!

Anonymous said...

We should totally meet up sometime (if you guys get a chance)

Julie said...

Cute posts on the blog. You have had an exciting summer....lots of fun. Come see us!!

Nick and Brent said...

Yea, braces! At least your not in junior high anymore...you're mature enough to handle them! :) My in-laws were just in Estes park about the time you were there, they said it was beautiful too. Looks like you guys are having lots of adventures this summer---