Thursday, August 13, 2009

26, Rocky Mountains, & Cancelled



It has been a crazy few weeks. We headed out to Colorado to visit Shawn August 3rd. We played super hard with Brigit and the kids (Shawn's sister - whom he is staying with) hitting the pool, the park, the aquarium, and watching the kids go wild with each other. Sam and Jack loved every second with their cousins.
I celebrated my 26th Birthday with Shawn which was the highlight! We went to dinner and shopping, so yes it was MY choice of things to do! 26 feels a little more wierd to me than any other birthday so far, because I'm closer to 30 then I thought?
On Friday they left for a family vacation, leaving us to "play house" at their house for the rest of our visit. We loved having time to just spend the four of us. We went up to Estes State Park, an tourist town in the Rocky Mountains. It was BEAUTIFUL there, and we got old time photos (I'll have to post that later), ate at Penelope's Burgers, and went to a family fun place where we mini-golfed, potato sack slid, and jumped on a super tramp! It was so much fun and the boys were great the entire time.
The rest of the time while Shawn was gone to the hospital, the boys and I hung out, swam, and walked to local parks. On Wednesday we were scheduled to fly home. We checked in our luggage, went through security and got to our gate, only to find out that our plane had been cancelled! Nice huh? Gets better - so I tried to call Shawn, who couldn't feel his phone vibrate. He finally answered about 20 minutes into his drive home. He had to come back, and in the meantime I was trying to reschedule my flight for today, waiting in a HUGE line with two hungry and stir-crazy boys. I love how people look at you like you're crazy for traveling with kids, as you throw food at them to keep them occupied or chase them around the airport, rushing to the bathroom, shushing whining and crying! Okay so maybe I am crazy:) But alas, Shawn came and got us, and our flight is rescheduled for today, so lets hope that it goes a little more smoothly!
Jack is standing on his own (no pictures of that, but it is happening) and he thinks he is pretty hot stuff when he does. He even does some up and down action when he does it! He is also turned into quite the groover. Every time a song comes on or when he wakes up from a nap he starts bobbin' his head and shake his body! He is so cute - and I'll try to get a video of this, because it is better live! He also has been getting his molars, not so much fun:( But he has popped one through and working hard on the other. His 1st birthday is just around the corner and I can hardly believe that he is going to be one. We love him and Sammy so much, and they really have been the best boys considering our crazy, broken home lately. We hope you are all well - have a great week.

5 comments:

Jennilyn said...

How fun! I am totally jelous that you get to see your husband! It looks like you guys are doing great.

Way to go Jack, I can't believe he is standing and almost 1, our kids are going to be so big the next time we see each other.

OH, nice scarf by-the-way! Looks great on you. Take care.

P.S. baby Tolboe is scheduled for Sept. 22nd, we will see if I can last that long.

Freeman Family said...

Hey there! I am so glad you guys got to spend some time with Shawn and even got a date night! I feel your pain at the airport but hope you got home okay today. Dido on the scarf! You look hot!Way to go Jacko! What a big boy! WE MISS YOU SO MUCH! Give me a jingle when you get home. Love you!

cortney and neil said...

I am glad you got to see Shawn, it sounded like a lot of fun. And I totally feel for you in the airport. I HATE flying with kids. It puts a whole new meaning to the word MOM

allison said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great day...especially that Shawn was there, how fun.

shannon said...

Hello! This is Shannon Chelson, Brother Chelson`s wife. I spent every summer of my childhood at my grandparents home in the mts above Estes Park. And I rode that very slide, we called it the bumpy slide and played mini-golf there too. Thanks for taking me back to my childhood! If you are ever there again eat at Bob and Tony`s pizza, it`s so good! Glad you got to see your husband.