Monday, September 7, 2009

Jack - The Cake Monster

I made a mini-tractor just for Jack to tear apart for his birthday and sat in on a chocolate cake for all the family who came to celebrate. Jack was PERFECT, really he did exactly if not more than what you want your 1 year old to do with his cake. He ate nearly half of it, and that is no exaggeration. He thought he was the bee's knees though as the cousins giggled at him tearing into the cake and burying his face into it. What a sweet boy, and what a Happy Birthday.





Jack was incredibly spoiled with gifts and toys, thank you all for the presents and birthday wishes. We decided to get him a Tonka Dump Truck, which he (and SAM) loved!



Sam started his first day of Preschool on Tuesday and he is loving it! Here's a first day of school picture. He loves school, maybe not the learning as much as being with kids. He is getting so big!

11 comments:

Freeman Family said...

Oh...you weren't kidding about LOVING the cake! He did AWESOME! I love it! What a ham! I miss his smile so much! I hope you got some of that on video too! You rock on the tractor cake..way to go! Great to talk to you yesterday! Miss you! Have a great time in NYC!! I'll talk to you when you get back!

Cassie said...

Happy bday to Jack! That cake is awesome I loved it! I wish Hallie would have liked her cake as much as Jack did. She wouldn't even take a bite, maybe I should get your recipe ;)

Biorn Family Blog said...

You got some great shots of Jack with his cake!! Can;t believe he is 1 and Sam is old enough to be going to preschool!

Team Harris said...

That tractor cake is the bomb! What a cutie eating it.
Sam looks soooo grown up all ready for preschool. What a lady killer he is going to be. Watch out!
Year one is down for jack! I know what that means....YAY!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday JACK!! That cake rocks Megan. Of course he had a tractor bday cake...what else right? I totally miss you and your cute boys Megan. When will you be in UT?? PLEASE call me when you do--we need to get together.

kim said...

Love teh shot with his face down in the cake!!! That is the best. I love blogs!!! i love that I get to see things that my friends do. Good job! Miss you!!

Ashton & Co. said...

Such cute boys! I still can't get over the way he ate that cake. I got your message tonight and that all sounds great, but I can totally watch them tomorrow... tell your mom or dad to call if they get into any kind of bind. I hope you have fun! Don't worry about the boys! Give shawn a big hug from me~ :)

Elise said...

Hey Megan, what adorable pictures. He really did dig into that cake. I can't believe you MADE it. It's awesome. Glad your baby had a great bday!

allison said...

Cute cake, you did a great job. I cannot believe how he ate it, that is great, I always wanted one of my kids to do that.

Anonymous said...

Happy B-day to Jack! (a little late) The cake was awesome! You did such a good job.

loriandjd.blogspot.com said...

That cake is so adorable. Great job. I love all the pictures of Jack with cake all over his face. Too cute!