Thursday, October 1, 2009

All is Well!

Jack's surgery went great yesterday. We arrived at the hospital at 6:00 a.m. and the surgery got underway at 7:30. The doctor told us that everything went really well, and along with the orchiopexy they also repaired a hernia that he had! So that was nice to kill two birds with one stone. The surgery only took about 1 hour, and waiting was the worst part of the entire process. He really was at a great age to get this done because there was no fear, and we never had to see him "go out" - I am really grateful to the staff, they were very kind to us that morning. I only broke down when they took him away from me, but he was happy to be wrapped in a warm blanky and exploring the rest of the hospital.
Jack Pre-Surgery

Jack Post - Surgery

(as you can see he's acting pretty much the same)

Jack was incredibly good during the entire morning, and the nurses and staff kept commenting on how happy he was even after surgery. We stayed in post-op for a little longer than anticipated waiting for Jack to urinate! Geez, I guess the drugs were still lingering because after 2 sippies of juice and an IV drip he hadn't gone. They finally released us around noon, and he has acted like nothing happened the whole time. I was sure he'd be a little more timid to walk, crawl down stairs, etc. and expected for him to be feeling some pain, but he must have a super human pain tolerance because he hasn't slown down! Thanks for all of your nice comments and prayers - we greatly appreciated them.


In other news - Shawn got home to stay!! We are so happy to have him back, and happier still to have a little week of break to enjoy him before he starts his core rotation in SLC. We will move down Saturday, and I'm pretty excited to live in SLC for a few months. It will so much fun to take advantage of the fun activities there. Sam has also decided he wants to be a drummer and he and his cousins have formed a band. Any band name suggestions?

7 comments:

Freeman Family said...

Love the picture of Sam jumping into Shawn's arms! What a tear jerker! So glad Shawn made it home safely. Glad Jacko's surgery went so well! He is a trooper! Nice to see the shirt fits too! Carter was jealous Sam was in a band and wanted to know if Santa could bring him some drums for Christmas! Thanks a lot Sam! :) Great to talk to you today!

My Everythings said...

So glad to hear it went well! Poor little guy. I think things like that are harder for the momma than the kids sometimes!

The Allred Family said...

Glad the surgery went well. And I am so happy that Shawn is home! What a relief! How are you feeling?

Jennilyn said...

Yeah for super jack, jack! I am glad everything when OK. Glad you get to have your husband back! Take care you guys.

Anonymous said...

glad to hear everything went well!

lori said...

I'm glad the surgery went well. I'm glad your family is back together again.
I lived in SLC for awhile and this time of year it will be so much fun. I love the temple lights.
The little band is too cute!
P.S. If I didn't say it in the other post Congrats. on the baby!

Elise said...

I'm so glad he's doing so well. What a sweetheart.