Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The return of .... TidBit Tuesday (I think)

I had this great Halloween Family Home Evening packet for Halloween and wanted to share it with you all. I can't include the little game that went with it, but the lesson and treat are fun and a great way to tie the gospel into Pumpkin Carving. So here it is! Enjoy....


Scripture: Matthew 5:16

Start this object lesson with a dirty pumpkin sitting on the table, or if you have more time you could pick your own pumpkin. Talk about the following points as you clean and carve the pumpkin.

- Heavenly Father picked you out of a patch.
- Brings you in and washed al the dirt off of you.
- Then he cuts off the top and scoops out all the yucky stuff
- He removes the seeds of doubt, hate adn greed.
- He then carves a new smiling face
- He puts his light inside of you to shine for all the world to see.

Oreo Spider Cookies
1 pkg. Oreo Cookies
1 pkg Black or Red LIcorice Strings
1 pkg mini M&M's
1 can frosting, any flavor
(You can also use preztels and pb instead of licorice and frosting for a more "healthy" spider)

Carefully take apart Oreo cookie to reveal frosting. Use a knife to spread additional frosting on one half of oreo. Use 4 stings of licorice adding them to the frosting for legs. Put top of Oreo back on. Use frosting to secure M&M's as eyes. Serve with a glass of milk.
Happy Halloween to all. This is one of our favorite holidays and Sam has been preparing for over two weeks. He's become quite a good little aim with his bow and arrow!

5 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

I'm glad you're back! :) Cute ideas! I miss my boys!

Freeman Family said...

Yeah! I love Tidbit Tuesday! I have seen those spider cookies before and think they are so darn cute! Hope you are getting settled! Miss you guys!

allison said...

Cute pumpkin idea. We just might have to do that. Thanks. Hope all is going well.

Anonymous said...

Megan I loved this idea! I will have to remember it. So cute. That cookie looks yummy too!

Jilene said...

Thanks for the spider cookie idea. I used it for our YW activity & then we delivered them to people in the ward. They loved it!