Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween in the Hood

Robin Hood that is . . . we all dressed up as a character from Robin Hood, and it was really fun. Sam is now an official pro at Trick or Treating, and would have gone until midnight if we would have let him. We had a great time with our families in Idaho having a yummy Halloween breakfast and great trick or treating with the Wizard of Oz characters!

Little John and Robin Hood

Lil' Joh, Maid Marian, Robin, and Prince John
Tin Man (Tess), Wicked Witch (Mic), Cowardly Lion (Keaton),
Dororthy (Piper), and Scarecrow (Sadie)Hill Family Breakfast
Sam was all business, no lingering, just get your candy, say thank you and GO!

Before heading up to Idaho we had some fun throughout the week:

We went to Wheeler Farm in SLC and picked out some pumpkins to carve. The boys loved seeing all of the farm animals, especially feeding the ducks (or rather ATTACKED by the ducks, man those things can be vicious - they had Sam running for his life!)
Carving PumpkinsWe had our first round of snow, but it was great. It lasted only through the early afternoon and snowed enough for us to make a snowman. Sam loves snow and had a ball, Jack isn't in the picture for good reason - he cried from the time I put on his gloves and hat until the time I took them off back inside! Maybe he'll learn to love it.

This is the boys favorite nighttime activity. Daddy pulls them around on the sled. Who needs snow?

I loved this picture of Jack - he just looked so handsome!
Sam also started swimming lessons this past week and I already can see what a great thing this will be for Sam. He was sticking his face in the water and floating on his back with help from his instructor (which is HUGE!) for Sam!


By the end of the week - we were all spent! Here's Jack illustrating sitting in the crockpot - "Put a fork in me I'm done!!"

6 comments:

{Erica} said...

LOVE the costumes. Shawn's cracks me up...you nailed it with the crown, the thumb sucking and the bags...awesome!

Beth Willmore said...

Ok I love the Robin Hood theme. Your boys are so cute and I'm impressed that Sam is doing so well in swimming lessons. I'm a little nervous to start Meg with them! Next time you're up this way we should get together!

Freeman Family said...

Oh I can't tell you how much seeing a picture of your little family makes me miss you even more! I am SO glad Sam is doing well with swimming lessons! We'll have to plan a water fight when you are back in May! The costumes rocked! Hope you had a great time at home! I decided I am going to dress up next year too! Give the kiddos a squeeze for me!

Ashton & Co. said...

I'm sorry that pic of you is so dark! what happened? I took a really good one of you with my camera...do you want me to e-mail it to you? It's on my blog, too. It was SO much fun ahving you guys here for Halloween. It really was fun this year! Thanks for including us! Let me know about the pics!

Julie said...

What a fun weekend! We sure enjoyed having you here. We love you all so much.

The Allred Family said...

Fun pictures. I couldn't wait to see what you were going to do this year. After the incredibles, I knew you could pull of anything! Hope you are feeling well and doing great! We miss you guys.