Thursday, March 17, 2011

Idaho Recap

We spent five weeks in Idaho and had a great time visiting with our family... here are some pictures of our time there! We spent a weekend in Othello, WA with the Keele's to attend Ryker's baptism ( I forgot my camera and used Dad's, so those pictures will have to be posted later). We rode horses and that was a great experience for me and Sam. I'm no horsewoman, in fact the horse I was riding, Jewel, just gave up hope and turned around heading back to the barn. It was the quickest horse ride in history. It was great to see Ryker get baptized, he is such an awesome 8 year old!
I also returned from brunette to blonde while home (my mom HATES my hair dark). I'm loving it and its more summery anyways...(Don't be fooled, though a close twin... that's not me! Love ya Cade!!)


Lyv had some major milestones while home, one of which I posted: her learning to crawl "normal" instead of the butt scoot. She is so funny because she continues to do BOTH. On hard floors she does the scoot and on carpet she crawls. She also got 4, yes 4, new teeth. AND... she is weened! She did really get. She is such a little gabber and won the hearts of everyone at home.
We got family pictures with the Summers' Fam and I can't wait to see those - but here is one of the time we were together. The Robinson's weren't there, but we had a great time seeing everyone and are so glad they are all in Idaho! Lyv was a favorite here too, especially with the girl cousins. They loved mothering her. She is so lucky.
We spent President's Day Weekend at the cabin, and this is where EVERYONE and I mean everyone proceeded to get sick. We had some major stomach flu, and for about 2 weeks I was up to my elbows in poop or vomit. Poor Jack took the brunt of this, and held on to his issues for several weeks. He is now getting back to normal, but seriously lost about 5 lbs. while home. I found him one morning sleeping like this. This is typical though with Jack. He has a really funny personality, and I find him sitting, laying, lounging in crazy positions with hands behind his head, or with his head in his hands (maybe its because he head is heavy:) He's a doll and lately has been all over Despicable Me... he sings the songs, quotes the lines, and dances!

Sam was over the moon to be back in Idaho and with cousins. There was not a day that went by that he didn't have a playmate. This was by far the highlight of the trip. Oh, and trips to the Dollar store and CAL Ranch!! I love this characteristic of Sam - He LOVES to shop!! I took him to the BYU bookstore to get a new BYU jersey and when we were done, he said, "Mom, that was the best thing ever!" I agree.... The day before we left, the Hill family headed to the local Bowling alley and tore up the alleys! It was so much fun, and a great way to end our time together.









We headed back home with my mom in tow. I love this lady and I'm so glad she got to come back with us. In January, I had arranged for her to come out and watch the kids while Shawn and I went to Florida for a podiatry conference. She accepted! We had a great time (again I forgot my camera - I'm totally losing my mind!) But we had a great time, relaxed, soaked up sun, and came home with a wicked tan and plenty of zzzz's.. Thanks mom!!


We came home to a new household feature - the gate! Lyv's mobility and header down the stairs prompted this installment. At first I was annoyed, now I'm in love! Not only does it eliminate any worry of Lyv falling down the stairs, but it also keeps Jack out of the kitchen. He hasn't figured out how to open it on his own YET, and I'm loving it. Though it looks like a jail, they really are bars of LOVE!!

1 comment:

kim said...

I LOVE that last picture!! It is awesome! Your family is so wonderful and I am glad (and jealous) that you had a great time in Idaho!!