Monday, June 13, 2011

Pet Cemetery and Other Wild Encounters

To save you from gagging I didn't post any pictures of our recent pet cemetery dealings. I went to sweep the steps from the top of the garage on Friday, and came face to face with the head and bones of a NASTY, nasty, nasty rabbit carcass that became the main course of some wild animal. Earlier that morning I had swept off the front step covered in what I thought was bird feathers and dirt... which I finally clued together as rabbit hair and dried blood. We found small paw prints around that as well. It was a little scary, but mostly just really gross and Shawn had the privilege of cleaning up the remains. Then this morning the kids and I went out side and found a dead bird on the driveway. In an apparent suicide mission, the bird decided to join the rabbit in the dumpster. Country living right?


Meet Mr. and Mrs. Mallard -

we've had a these two ducks become frequent visitors at our creek and I have a new gained respect for ducks. The male watches over the female in such a protective, loving way while she eats. I never knew that they were such good guardians. The kids love having them there too, but the ducks don't seem to reciprocate the sentiment yet!



These wild men have found a favorite spot - the mud hole. They get covered from head to toe in the stickiest mud you've ever seen. They love it.





This wild creature needs to find bottoms that cover her bottom.... I couldn't resist taking a picture of her hanging out of her shorts. She has no hope!!

Finally Sammy boy finished Tee-ball last week and has added another trophy to his dresser, a beloved treasure.

2 comments:

Freeman Family said...

Hey I recognize that outfit on Lyv...glad it fits..kinda! Ha ha! Oh boy, you are a saint for letting those boys get in that mud! You see fun, I see a big mess! I bet they love it! Miss you!

Ashton & Co. said...

I want to go to a Yankees game! Now you are truly an American! :) That is so fun!!! Also, love the pics of the mud and the bum. The kids are all so cute. Sorry to hear of the morning of the living dead for you. That can't be fun :) Miss you guys!!!!