Friday, August 19, 2011

Idaho 2011 Starting with Pioneer Day....

Okay brace yourself... there are going to be ALOT of pictures, ALOT of text, and a lot of posts. But who cares, this is my blog I'll do what I bloggity blogging want to!






Let's start off with leaving the intense HEAT of 110 degrees PLUS humidity of NY, getting to the airport only to find out that our plane was delayed 3 hours, to finally taking off at midnight EST and arriving in SLC at 3:00 a.m. This is where it gets really fun... my mom (bless her little tired body) picks me up at the airport, and we drive like maniacs back to St. Anthony arriving at 6:30 a.m. just in time to start the 5K run!



Run you say... I know it sounds crazy, and is considering the fact that we haven't slept for over 30 hours. But run we did! We ran for Ryan. As a Hill Family we decided to pay a special tribute to our brother Ryan. He fought a battle his entire life and so we thought it would be fitting to run, and push hard just like he is doing. We wore special t-shirts (pictures of this will be coming later) Superman - Ryan had a superman tattoo on his chest, with the #2 (his number he wore playing sports. I have to say that despite the fatigue I was most assuredly feeling, I had a surge of adrenaline (okay the cinnamon rolls waiting at the end of the line might have helped too!) I felt like I could only run it... so I did. My body didn't forgive me for this, but it was worth it.

After the run the fun begain as Hill cousins clamored together at the Pioneer Day Parade. This is the greatest parade on earth as far as I'm concerned. Jack was all business with getting candy and so it was a sucess on all levels.
We continued to celebrate for the next three days with baby blessings, trips to Island Park and the Playmill, and lemonade stands!!! Lots and Lots of Lemonade stands. We loved be surrounded by family again, and I will say that this makes each trip home more difficult. It seems to be harder for us to leave.


I seemed to have fallen into a camera coma while I was home and forgot to take pictures of all of this fun, but I did get a snapshot of the oh, so important first SNO-Cone tasting by Lyv.

I also got this picture of crazy Jack, in a time out mind you, always finds ways to entertain himself. He got my dad's old gridkid football helmet stuck on his big noggin'... it was too funny!

No comments: