Thursday, June 14, 2012

Dam It!

That title is for you mom!  The kids got busy yesterday and Sam engineered a dam in the creek that runs in the front of our house.  The kids had a great time playing in the mud, toting big rocks, and eventually getting filthy! Jack tried to "swim" in it goggles and all, Lyv waded through the water with her chubby little legs, and Sam persistently tried to stop the leaks that kept coming through the dam wall.  I love this time of year, they spend so much time outside, exploring the creek, catching frogs, building bridges, throwing rocks, and wading through the murky water.  It was a great day to be a little kid.

















5 comments:

Mandi said...

I love this! In my mind this is childhood, there is nothing like a day free of organized activities to just watch kids be kids!

My Everythings said...

That looks so fun. You have lucky, and cute kids.

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

how cute!!! it looks like you have a super fun yard!! My kids would love it!!

Ashton & Co. said...

So cute! Looks like fun!

Jennilyn said...

That is awesome I wanna come play!