Thursday, June 14, 2012

Sam's Birthday Celebration

Since Sam has a summer birthday, we decided to through his party before school let out.  We planned a water party outside, and prayed for nice weather.  On the day of the party, we woke up to drizzling rain!  YUCK!  Shawn and I quickly tried to through together some indoor party games, and prayed a little harder for a break in the weather.  At party time, the rain had stopped and luckily the temperature was warm.  We started out inside and worked our way outside starting with water balloon games.  The kids had a great time, and I'm so glad we had them over.  Sam has made some great buddies here, and we loved getting to spend time with them.  Sam is OBSESSED with beyblades right now, and requested a beyblade cake.  This is the only thing I could think of - Sam was happy so it was a winner.  I wish I would have taken more pictures but both Shawn and I were manning the water games, piñata, and waterside, so this is all I have!  While the kids were standing in line to do the slip and slide, they noticed a HUGE (5 feet) black, nasty snake coming out of the rock wall behind them.  Shawn ran over and got a picture, and the kids tried to squirt it with a water gun.  I have vowed to stay away from the wall from now on!  The snake only added to the "cool" factor of the party, so Sam's birthday was a hit.  I hope that he remembers all this fun when his actual birthday comes around in July!)















No comments: