Saturday, July 6, 2013

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Sorry to steal some Mr. Roger's lingo...but we made it!  The long and hard journey is over.  Like Lewis and Clark before us, we covered many miles and finally found the WEST!  Oh, it's good to be back.  I flew into Utah on Wednesday and visited my sisters there, and I felt like I arrived in heaven.  Every favorite restaurant and shopping place surrounded me, AND people actually smiled as they helped you.  I wasn't a total weirdo for having four little kids in tow!  I was amazing.  
We headed up to Washington on Monday and met Shawn at the house.  We were greeted by 106 degree temperatures!!  Holy Hot Tamales Batman.  It took some major arranging and a lot of squeezing, but we have finally got our things put away and life is returning back to normal.  We are really excited about our home - especially the fact that we are in a neighborhood.  The kids love riding their bikes around and we've already made little buddies to play with.  

I feel very optimistic about Yakima, and hope that we'll be able to finally call a place home.  We have pretty wonderful family that have helped us move to all of our homes in the past 11 years and we couldn't have done this move without them.  Thank you Jake and Kelly for driving across the country and helping us unload the truck.  Thank you Mom and Dad for driving me and the kids up to Washington and helping us unload, organize, put away, and put together EVERYTHING!  

We broke in the neighborhood with our first official Lemonade and Shaved-Ice Stand.  The kids are loving it, and will hopefully make a little spending money with this venture!

1 comment:

Freeman Family said...

So glad you guys made it safe and sound! I can't imagine the long journey it was! So glad you are in a neighborhood again! Miss you guys! Send me your new address when you get a minute!