Thursday, June 19, 2014

Father's Day & Summer Begins

I couldn't resist taking a picture of Shawn and the kids on father's day.  He is such an incredible dad, and my kids are so lucky to have him as their hero, coach, project manager, doctor, and dad!  The more fathers we meet the more I am convinced that Shawn truly is one of kind, and I am so grateful for all that he sacrifices for his family.
One of my favorite thing that Shawn does is comb Lyv's hair after a bath.  He always takes such care to not pull too hard, and I think it is adorable that he does it.

The summer is off with a running start.  We had such a great time with our visitors I think we think that level of awesomeness must continue all summer!  So we hit up our first hike - Boulder Cave, 
 Lyv got her first manicure - and LOVED it!!

 We filled up the pool, found a mermaid living there, and two crazy boys who think it's hilarious to do a running belly flop! OUCH!


 and we found out that Max is having a hard time keeping up with the fun!  He has been insistent on not napping anymore (he'll sit and yell Ma! Ma! for over an hour in his crib, seriously what is his problem?) but by late afternoon he wipes out: open mouth, me in the background making dinner, siblings flying in and out, and not even a flinch! It is tough to be little.

No comments: