Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Boys of Summer

Baseball season has officially come to a close.  What a crazy season it was.  Between trying to catch both Sam's and Jack's games and practices we were crazy to say the least.  But for as many games as I attend, and as many practices we drive them to, I would keep doing it and doing it.  Watching my kids participate in anything is one of the greatest part of being a parent.  It takes real courage for them to go out there and try their best, knowing that the results might not be in their favor.  
Sam especially had a trying year.  His team only won one game this year!  He took the end of season hard, but I had to remind him how well HE had done.  He played nearly every inning, at third base.  He hit nearly every time at bat - and in the last game hit an awesome double that scored two much needed runs.  He even got to try his hand at pitching, and he pitched an amazing inning striking three batters out to close the game.  It is hard to be happy with losing (I am one of the worst losers in the history of losing) but seeing the positives amidst all of the loss is what builds character.  I am so proud of both of my boys, and am I look forward to watching them participate in the years to come.







Jack had a great time with Shawn as coach.  I was grateful that these two had a chance to be with just each other - a rare event around our house.  Jack improved with each game, and learned that catching is his favorite position.  He also had the constant encouragement and support of his dad - that in and of itself made the season a success.


No comments: