Friday, June 19, 2015

June's off to a banging start!

June brought a lot of excitement and visitors our way!  We were so so excited to have the Blakes come and stay on their way to a soccer tournament in Snohomish.  What a fun treat for me to have my nieces and nephews in my house, and I want them all to come back soon.  We toured around Yakima and hit up our favorite places to eat and get treats, caught a movie and even got the girls a manicure!  It was a super great few days, and ended with a chance to watch Brittney play soccer.  Because of the horrible Seattle traffic we only made it to the tail end, but it having a chance to spend a little more time with family was worth it.  Our doors are open to any visitors who want a place to rest, eat, and get a little dirty!


To say that Lyvie was in heaven is a total understatement!  She loves Leah and these two love to be twins as much as possible - matching hair, bracelets, clothes when possible.  It was so fun to have some girl power time!


Not to be forgotten were some other events of note this month:

#1) Max's continued obsession with baseball - and now for catching!  He literally begged to put on all the catcher's gear, and it was super hot that night and waddled around, barely able to walk in the leg protectors.  It was hilarious!

#2) National Donut Day - a very important holiday at our home was observed with utmost respect:)



#3) This a typical scene at our house at night - baseball continues to rule the day and the night!
#4) This sweet little guy is not so little anymore and I find him to be completely adorable and endearing.  He says things like "De-wishous" for food that is especially tasty; and "you betcha" when he affirms that he gets to do something; and my favorite "Yay!" when I tell him he can have chocolate milk, play baseball or have more cocoa puffs!

#5) Lyv is a dream come true most days - and I'm so grateful to see a creative, organized player how finds so much happiness in collecting random things, putting them in corresponding groups and then turning them into some sort of art.  She is so fun at this age, and always says, "Mom, I sure did a lot of work today!" A busy little bee already!


#6) Lyv's latest "favorite" outfit - I will have to bribe her to wear other clothes until this one gets a hole or a stain!
Mozart! - almost Sam finished his second year of piano (2 more to go) and he wasn't able to attend his recital so I got a private concert.  As he tried to get out of more lessons, I heard myself giving him the same lecture my mother gave me at his age, when I wanted to be done with lessons….just until your 12….I just want you to know how to read music….it will be such a blessing later in life….you will wish you had stuck with it…. (and I do!)


No comments: