Saturday, January 24, 2009

Summers Sons' Saturday Soup

As reported last week Jack has started to scoot. I found him a few days ago like this. Nice chew toy huh? He seemed to think so.
Can you say Cup O' Beans! Sam can! He has a cup of beans that he gets to add to when he is really doing good and being a big helper. He recently reached the top of the cup and therefore gets a prize..... Here's what he chose! Yes a drum and a harmonica. He has really been into music lately and we hit up the Learning Post (if you haven't been there you must go, it has the greatest toys for kids). Sam was pretty stoked, um, me not so much but it is really funny to watch him wail on his harmonica. We finally had a super great WARM day here in the frigid land of Iowa and we enjoyed it to the fullest. Sam, Jack and I went for a walk and then Sam played outside with his neighborhood buddies who have been hibernating since the cold weather hit. It was great and I hope that permanent warm weather is near. Shawn and I finally went to the dentist (it had been like 4 years - gross I know) I have to put this down on record because Shawn went in feeling a little cocky since he uses a Sonicare toothbrush and was certain that would give him the upper hand. I don't like them, the vibrating freaks me out, so I stick to the old manual. He came out with 1 cavitity; I came out with 0!!! Yep thats right! But, before I could gloat too much the dentist then told me that I would need to get a mouth gard to wear at night (Shawn laughed thinking that it was head gear type contraption) because I clench me teeth; that there is a potential cavitiy lerking back in one of my molars, and to buckle up during my cleaning because she was going to go to town on me. OUCH - have you ever been prescribed Tylenol after a cleaning? I have, but boy its clean. So all in all we have a really big bill and another reminder why skipping out on the dentist really wasn't that bad right? On that happy note I leave you with this last pic of my two boys, I love these guys (most of the time :)!!!

5 comments:

My Everythings said...

They had to be THAT bundled on a WARM day?!!!! Holy cow. They look so cute though. I just can't get over both of their blue blue eyes. They are soooo pretty.

Jennilyn said...

That last picture is the cutest!!! Hey, sorry about Saturday, I was really tired and was already in my PJ's at like 4:00...haha so we will have to do something next time.

Jilene said...

Love the boys with their winter gear on--they look like little marshmallows.

Ashton & Co. said...

Cute pics! Love the one of Jack with his new chewing toy and the one of them kissing is precious! Glad to hear your dentist visits were good. I was all cocky like Shawn because of my sonicare a few years ago and I came out with 12 cavities~ I was not too happy... Hope to hear of more good weather coming your way!

Julie said...

I love those guys too! I can't believe that Jack is scooting....where does the time go.... It is nice to be home with the blogs again, I feel more connected to the babies when I see their pictures and read about what they are up too.Sure miss you all. I know Shawn is busy, busy, busy. I will talk to you soon. I love you all!!