Sunday, February 1, 2009

Saturday Soup

Since Summers Sons Saturday Soup is really a tongue twister we're making it easy and going to just the ol' Saturday Soup. I trimmed Sam's hair this week, he was starting to grow a mullet - and Sam tends to freak out, so I accidently cut his ear! Yep, that's why you have a professional do these things, but I always think oh, this time will be okay.... Sam did forgive me, but only after lots of hugs and kisses. He loves to do this mohawk in the tub. I think its so funny.
Sam finally got the hang of Primary and is really into wearing his "suit" - he makes such a handsome sunbeam.
We went to Omaha to attend the temple this weekend and stayed at a hotel with a great swimming pool for kids. Jack had his first swimming experience (the swim trunks are a little large). He loved the water as long as I was holding him... for some reason swimming with Shawn made scared him and he would cry so hard. It was really sad and funny all at once, Shawn must not be a very good swimmer :) Jack is the reason that I love babies, they love their mommies... once they are two they realize mom isn't very cool anymore and start buddying up with dad.
We also were able to hit the zoo and the weather was great 50 degrees, sunny and calm. The kids enjoyed being outside and seeing all the animals.
Sam loves animals especially ones that are on movies, so we saw Alex the Lion, Sher-Kan the tiger, Bruce the shark, etc... it was a really fun weekend that we topped off with Superbowl Sunday eating some yummy food with friends.

Starting this Tuesday I'm going to start doing a Tidbit Tuesday, hopefully posting some good recipes, craft ideas, kid ideas, etc. and trying to get some tips and tidbits from you all that I can share. I've decided to be a little more reflective in my blog and will also use this as a platform for things I'm grateful for.... until Tuesday, so long and far well.

3 comments:

Nicolette said...

I really need some good craft ideas. I haven't even started decorating my nursery yet and you are so crafty:)

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a great time in Omaha. The picture of Jack in his car seat is soooo cute!! He is growing so fast, and we are missing so much, it makes me sad. Sam is as cute as ever in the pictures. What a dapper young man in his sunday best. Love to you all

Ashton & Co. said...

Great pics. That one of Jack in the carseat is a keeper! Sounds like a fun weekend! Can't wait for Tuesday!