Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Birthday and Saturday Soup

Tomorrow is Shawn's 29th Birthday!! Woo-hoo! His last year as a strapping young lad. We are going to be celebrating (in other words eating) our way through the day tomorrow, so I'm doing a Happy Birthday post and our Saturday Soup tonight. Shawn is an incredible guy and ANYONE who knows him, LOVES him. You just can't help it really! I feel so incredible lucky, blessed, and grateful to have him be MINE. Here are some fun facts about Shawnee-poo:


He's lived in: Idaho, Venezuela, Utah, & Iowa. Idaho weather is his favorite.
He loves to: Golf, play/talk about/watch football, camp, watch movies, and listen to music
He is an expert in: FEET, Aerosmith, Movie Trivia, Drawing/Art, and Tai-Kwan-Do (not really)
He has: hiked the Grand Canyon rim to rim twice, white water rafted, and simulated ski-diving, oh, and he's been on the world's scariest ride on top of the Stratosphere in Las Vegas!
He is the best father, husband, son, brother, friend and anything he sets his mind to he excels at!
Giving Bull Rides to the kids


What lucky boys!

My Demon of Screamin'!! I love you, Shawn.

On to Saturday Soup: This week after getting home from Idaho with the great news that a sister is on her way, we finally got serious about decorating for Christmas. AND, since we don't have ANY of our decorations with us, we have been making our own. Behold..... the Summers' family Christmas trees, complete with shape ornaments courtesy of Sam.



The other day while I was doing something else I heard Jack making noises from what I thought was the boys' room. I went in to investigate and didn't find him. I thought oh, no... he's in our bathroom tearing apart the drawers under the cabinet. No... I found him like this:

He thought he was pretty darn hilarious and I win the mother of the year award by instead of pulling him out and putting him on safe sturdy ground, I ran and grabbed my camera. He got into the sink all by himself, and how he didn't fall off the tiny counter and knock his head is beyond me. This boy is going to give me a run for my money!

Happy Saturday to all - I have a Christmas TidBit Tuesday on the works for this Tuesday, and have some really good gift ideas, for really any holiday or birthday.

m

5 comments:

Nicolette said...

Cute post. Happy B-day Shawn!You and Zac need to go golfing together sometime so Meg and I can hang out!

Ashton & Co. said...

Happy Birthday Little bro.! When did you get so old?!! I will be calling you today...Cute posts Meg. I must say I had to laugh when I saw your tree! :) Love the ornaments Sam! Shawn you are the best...sucha cute dad and husband. Thanks for being so good to him, Meg!

lori said...

I love the post, love the nice how cute you always say things about your husband, love the trees, & LOVE that you are having a GIRL! I am so excited for you . A girl how fun.

allison said...

Congratulations on having a Girl...you will love it.

Colette said...

That picture is so cute! What they can do and get into. Congratulations on the news of a little girl. How exciting!