Friday, November 19, 2010

Our Lady Liberty and Guests...

Last Saturday we had the greatest day because we had FAMILY come into town, meaning NYC! Michelle and Joel came to visit his parents who are serving a mission in New York City. We met up at the Statue of Liberty, something that Sam has been super excited to see. The weather turned out to be AMAZING, and we loved being with familiar faces again. Jack really loved being snuggled by both Mic and Joel, and was held pretty much the entire time by one of them. Joel and Mic came up to Kingston on Thursday and we ventured to Hyde Park to tour the Vanderbilt Mansion. It was so great to see them, and we were sad to see them go!

Shawn and his sister Michelle
Me and Joel took an "in-law picture" Dan you should have been there!!


Oh and yes my hair is Brown... I'm sure that was very apparent, and Mom, I'm sorry I know how much you hate my hair dark!

We couldn't leave the city without making a quick stop (and by quick I mean letting me out of the car on the corner and running in, while Shawn circled the block) to Magnolia Bakery to pick up some tasty treats. Our friends, the Kings, introduced us to this little beauty last year, and Shawn's mouth has been watering for Banana Pudding ever since. Now mind you, I was very sceptical of spending money on pudding - but this is no Snack Pack! This is really heaven and I don't like bananas or pudding! We are super excited for Thanksgiving and for Shawn's parents and brother coming to town! Now I'm off to clean and cook... Happy Turkey day to all!

5 comments:

Jennilyn said...

How fun! And Meg you look like a sexy new woman. Miss your guts. Have a great Turkey day.

Beth Willmore said...

Holy cow your dark hair totally threw me off - and I love it! You look hot and I'm jealous that you actually went to NYC. But hey, I went to Idaho Falls this morning, so I really don't ahve anything to be jealous about...
Happy Thanksgiving!

LaNdOn AnD cHe' said...

I thought you were Bobby Joe! I love the brown hair!

Ashton & Co. said...

WE LOVED SEEING YOU GUYS! we had such a great time. We love you! p.s. We will always have lady liberty!! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Jenni... love the dark hair!! you always look great either dark or light hair!!