Sunday, November 7, 2010

I believe .....

At our most recent stake conference, our area mission president challenged us to share our testimonies with others through any means, including our blogs, Facebook, etc. I thought a lot about this, and how I felt about this challenge. I have been one who tends to not overly project my religious beliefs vocally in fear of offending others, or causing awkwardness. Religion is such a personal subject and should be discussed care and respect. That being said, I do want and hope that others know what I believe, so I'm taking the challenge and stating some of my core beliefs - things that I know to be true with every ounce of my heart, mind, and soul.

I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior, Redeemer, and older brother. I know that He is the literal Son of God and that He came to earth, showed a pefect example for us all to follow, and took upon Himself my sins - atoning for me, then was crucified and rose from the dead after three days. It is only through His grace and mercy that eternal life is possible.

I know that the Book of Mormon is a true book of scripture, that it testifies clearly of Jesus Christ and his role as Savior of the world, and explains the fulness of His gospel. I know that Joseph Smith did see God the Father, and Jesus Christ, and translated the Book of Mormon through the power of God. I know that he restored the fulness of the Gospel of Christ and the priesthood authority to administer in the ordinances and covenants of that Gospel.

I know that we chose to come to earth, to take on mortal bodies, and experience trials and difficulties so that we could be come like our Heavenly Father. It is only through this mortal experience that we can experience true Joy and try to become more like Jesus Christ.

I know that the families can be eternal. As a mother this truth is such a comfort, that my sweet children will be bound to me forever. Through restored priesthood power, we can be sealed to our families in temples of the Lord. I know that temples serve as a way for us to provide ordinances for those who weren't able to recieve them on earth, and that we can learn more about the plan of salvation by attending the temple.

Finally I know that only by living the gospel of Jesus Christ can I be truly happy, even in the midst of turmoil, uncertainty, trial, and personal challenges. It is that simple truth that keeps me going each and everyday.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

That is why I love you thank you for sharing your always sweet testimony. I also love that about laughing. I truly think that laughing has been the reason that I have never been really depressed in my life. I love to laughl, be laughed at, or make others laugh. I find that the sound of a giggle can only bring a smile to your face, and I can't wait to hear lyn laugh!!!