Monday, November 29, 2010

Wicked Bahd Toykey Day

Shawn's parents and brother Jake came into town for Thanksgiving, so what did we decide to do? Go out of town! We headed to Boston for a few days, walked the Freedom Trail, toured Fenway Park, and visited Lexington and Concord. Boston is a gorgeous city and I have to say one of my favorites that I've been to. It was a great trip, the kids loved staying at a hotel and swimming, and we enjoyed some authentic Boston Clam Chowda and lobster!

The kids were so excited to have grandma and grandpa out to see them. They already miss you!

Paul Revere's Home - one of the oldest homes in the United States - it was built in the 1600's.

Us and good ol' Paul Revere with a shot of the Old North Church in the background.
The boys trying to be reverent in the pews of the Old North Church.
Lyv was such a good sport and she was pretty much stroller bound the entire day.
She is such a sweet girl.

This cemetery was so neat, especially with the headstone markings like the one above.

Sam puting a rock on Paul Revere's headstone. Old City Hall
Quincy Market - totally incredible place to find some good eats. It has about 60 stalls of different food vendors offering all kinds of yummy food! Bunker Hill - the first real battle of the Revolution

Our two little fishes - don't you just love the goggles?
Built in 1912 it is the oldest ballpark in the U.S. This was such a great tour, so much history. I had to mention that I was a Yankee's fan to our tour guide and I was heckled for it. I just like to provide opposition in all things.

A family picture sitting on the "Green Monsta" The boys got hooked up with some Boston gear - they looked really cute in their red and blue.

At the battlefield of Concord - where the "shot heard round the world" occured. It is so incredible to me that so many of great men and women lived in this area, all at the same time in history and they working together created the foundations for this great country. The kiddos with uncle Jake - they love him so much.

Happy Turkey Day!


We spent the rest of the time hanging out at the house and of course shopping. Lyv is going to be one stylish little lady! I can't wait to put on all of the new duds. We had a big turkey dinner and watched football, it was a perfect holiday. We were so sad to see our family go, and hope they will come back soon. Thanks for all the fun, we miss you guys!!!

7 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

I want to come back out and do ALL of dat!!! Looks like a great time! Keep the pics coming...I love seeing all the sights out there through your blog. Luvs!!!

stephanie said...

Looks like fun! Wondered what to you so long to update. Hope your holdiay was great, wish you were coming sledding it is still not to late! Love you! Miss you!

stephanie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Julie said...

We miss you all so much!! Time sure flies by in a hurry. I am craving Quincy Market!! Is Shawn svelte yet? Love you and miss you!

Freeman Family said...

I was hoping Shawn's family made it safely with all the snow Idaho got right before they were to come! I bet you were in heaven in Boston you history buff! I am jealous of all the great stuff you are getting to see! Miss ya tons! Let's talk soon please!

Anonymous said...

Lyv is absolutely adorable and getting so big! I love that you guys are getting to do SO many great things - especially for you cause you're a little history buff =) miss you!!

Jennilyn said...

You are such a Vacation History buff, I want to be like you when I grow up. After talking to you today made me really miss you guys. I have been trying not to think about it but MAN this is NO IOWA. And my fun friends are NOT HERE. I hope the next 2 1/2 years go by FAST. Take care