Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I wanna Rock......

You can't tell me that you don't just love Sam's annoyed look in this picture. I have a feeling that this is going to be showing up regularly in family photos from now on! How embarrassing for him to have us for parents:) Janice Joplin's Porsche




And to round out the Thanksgiving extravaganza we headed to Cleveland to the Rock n' Roll Hall of Fame. Shawn has been itching to visit this and it was loaded with music memorabilia galore! From Elvis outfits to Janice Joplin's scarves; Michael Jackson's Thriller mask and jacket to Curt Kobaine's death certificate - it has a little bit of everything there. They had a great Beatles collection, and were featuring Women of Rock - so Lady Gaga, Shakira, Madonna, Aretha Franklin, etc. were all featured. The only downside was that you can't take pictures in the actual "museum" part, so we don't have any cool shots of any of this cool stuff. Shawn sat and worshipped on the ground of Steven Tyler's scarfed microphone stand and costume he wore for "Pink". I had to drag him away! It was here we said farwell to the Tolboe's and hopefully it won't be nearly as long until we get together again!

4 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck that first pic is so funny! Right now the kids love Jared's patrol pickup and I keep telling, "just you wait - it won't be long until they're SO embarassed by it and beg you not to come and pick them up from school in that thing, let alone your uniform!!" He swears that will never happen...

Mandi said...

I am so jealous of Lyvs adorable tights and leggings. I need another little girl, I so love the chubby legs in colorful tights. Kallie thinks she is too big for them now:(

Freeman Family said...

What a fun trip! I LOVE Sam's expression! Keep on embarrassing him! I would have been drooling over Steven Tyler's microphone stand too! Your hair is getting long too! Glad you got to hang out with friends for Thanksgiving! Miss you!

Ashton & Co. said...

What a fun getaway!!! I would love to go to Kirtland someday. All the kids look so cute and so great. I miss you guys!!!! Love ya