Monday, November 14, 2011

Monticello

Sam didn't have school on Veteran's day so we packed it up and headed south to Virgina to see my two BYU roomies Emily and Bekah in Charolettesville. We stopped in Hershey, PA on our way down and toured the factory there. We may or may not have come away with a bag full of delectable goodies! We stayed with Emily and Eric and Bekah and her new beau came over. It was great to see both of them.On Saturday we toured Monticello, home of Thomas Jefferson. It was a beautiful day and the kids loved being outside more than anything. The house was great, and something I always wanted to see. I loved the library - all of those old books. However, my camera battery had died and I was able to get a few snaps of the visit by rubbing the battery on my jeans! T.J.'s inventiveness inspired it....On our way home on Sunday we stopped in Kensington, MD and walked around the Washington, D.C. temple grounds. This is one of my favorite temples. It is just beautiful! The week before (Nov. 5th) Sam had his last Soccer game! Complete with hair cut, he went out on a bang. He played goalie for the first time, and felt like a champ after getting his medal! Great job Sammy boy.





No comments: