Friday, December 9, 2011

Gingerbread houses and special visitors

Last week we put together a Gingerbread house. Now I'm new to the whole buy a kit and put it together. We usually do a graham crack house and buy candy to decorate it. This was much easier and had a larger assortment of decorating candy. The kids had a great time with this, mostly because they ate the candy the entire time. They spent the rest of the week carefully eating the gingerbread people out of their home - literally. Sam carved out pieces of the home until there wasn't much left.
We also had some special guests in the basement: baby and mommy salamander!


GROSS! As a child I used to have one of these, that I found and kept as a pet. Now I shiver with the ewwy nasty icky grossness of the whole idea of these in my basement. Anyone want to come and stay with us, we've got plenty of room in the basement?

1 comment:

Freeman Family said...

Ahh..love the gingerbread house! I remember doing one of those at your house with the boys! And a double EWWWWW to the salamanders! GROSS! Let's hope they don't find their way upstairs!