Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jolly Old Saint Nick

We had our ward Christmas party and the boys were sooooo excited to see Santa Claus. Jack was in such a state of shock and awe he couldn't remember what he wanted. But Santa delivered with a sack that contained a candy cane, an orange, and playdough! Sam is getting so big, I remember when he was screaming at the top of his lungs, now he comes with several items on his list ready to share with Santa. I tried to warm Lyv up to Santa by letting her watch the other kids sit on his lap. Her turn came and .... well a picture says a thousand words! All of my kids have a picture like this. Why is Santa so scary?? It is one of my favorite ironies!





The Primary kids also put on a Nativity. This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions, and the kids stole the show. There is something that is so beautiful about the simplicity of the birth of Christ. The humility that it inspires is a wonderful reminder of how my heart should be.

1 comment:

Nick and Marci Jensen Family said...

your kids are growing so much and they are so adorable...i also love following your blog and hearing all the FUN stuff about Jack, cause I have one just like it...they keep us going..but couldnt imagine life without them...