Saturday, December 31, 2011

Nate and Christine


My oldest neice and nephew, Christine and Nate, came out to stay the week with us Christmas Day night. We had a week of fun visiting, site seeing, and me realizing that I'm REALLY no longer young. The course of the week highlighted my "oldness" in comparison to their youth. For example, I found myself commenting on the lyrics of the music they listened too, how unnecessary cellphones really are, noting that none of my clothes would qualify as "trendy or cool", and feeling the aches and pains of my body being putting to the test after hiking up the Bunker Hill monument in Boston, staying up way too late to ice skate in Central Park, and being towered over by Nate and Christine who were once like my own babies!

We had a great week - and we explored the in's and out's of some of the greatest places in the East. I did a few firsts of my own too:
Visited West Point Museum,
I went to the top of the Empire State Blding at night and saw the city lit up in its glory,
Ice skated in Central Park
Visited Ellis Island
Listened to Drake, Lil' Wayne, and the like.... (thanks Nate)
Saw the Rockefeller tree all aglow!

It was a super fun week, and I think that I will spend the next week recovering from the FUNNNNN! Thanks Nate and Tine for coming out, we had a great time.

No comments: