Thursday, January 5, 2012

Kindergarten is Kool



I've been pretty pathetic in my postings of Sam's kindergarten experience! He has been loving school, and his teacher has been wonderful. Sam is a great student, which is no surprise since he loves learning. He is the ideal - soak up all the knowledge sponge-like student....probably because he likes to know more than everyone else around him (this may or maynot be a Hill family genetic trait!) I've been able to go into his class a few times to see him in action, and it has been a delight. His classmates are such cute kids, and it is fun to see the face that goes with the names I hear about at home. Sam got to bring home Corduroy today and he was so excited to have him here! Each day he comes home with new things to tell, and new projects completed and I'm amazed at all the fun things he gets to do. Say what you will about public education, but it is such a gift to live in a nation that believes EVERYONE should be educated. I am a HUGE advocate of anything that will benefit the improvement and enhancement of public education - and I am grateful for the teachers who give so much of their time, talents, and money to provide exceptional educational experiences to their students.

1 comment:

Ashton & Co. said...

SO many new fun posts. I realized I didn't even acknowledge your anniversary...so sorry. I hope it was a good one. YOu and Shawn are perfect for each other. Christmas looks so great and all the fun things you did with nate and Christine. I am so glad you got to do so many fun things (maybe not Shawn's aquarium experience...) But I am glad to see the kids. Lyv is growing up so much. I can't believe she talks in full sentences now. So cute! Can't wait for Florida!!!! Lot of love til then!