Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend with Mom... as in Me

As much as I would have loved to have a weekend with my mom or mother in law - it was just me! Shawn took off to Texas this past weekend to help out with new resident interviews, so that left me and the three kiddos solo for four glorious days. Honestly I was kind of dreading it, because the kids and I rely so much on the break in the day when Shawn swoops in and makes us laughs, wrestles, and allows me to have adult conversation. But to my pleasant and happy surprise we had a great weekend. We stayed up late every night, watched movies, played games, ate kid friendly and mom friendly food, and I got to sleep by the two most handsome boys in the world. I loved waking up with the two of them and chatting a little before we rolled out of bed in search of breakfast and morning cartoons. Church wasn't even the usual circus that it normally is, and I was so thankful to Samantha for having us over for dinner Sunday night.

Because it was Martin Luther King Day - Sam had the day off, and we headed up to Albany to the New York State Museum. It was packed full of interesting exhibits including a very impressive display of September 11th. I was again awe struck at the horrific nature of that day and how it forever changed us all. Even the kids seemed to notice a difference in the atmosphere in that part of the museum. We topped it off with a ride on an 112 year old carousel. Lyv loved this so much she was crying hysterically as I attempted to pry her little fingers from the bar.

I forgot my camera - so this is best I got on Jack's little camera from Christmas. Speaking of forgetful....We (my friend Samantha and her girls came with us) also hit up the mall there, which offers a little more variety than the mall here in Kingston. My sole purpose in going to the mall was to exchange something, but of course I forgot it at home! Seriously I'm losing my mind - I made a trip today to get an ink cartridge and bought the wrong one! I do this ALL of the TIME! It's so frustrating.... This morning we woke up to snow, our first official snowfall of the winter - which I'm okay with it being our last. Jack did enjoy a little romp outside. Notice the newest of scars on Jack's head - this from falling off his scooter and magically landing on his head directly on the bar. But he's still smiling:) Lyv is more of a fair weather gal, and this is about as "outside" as she was willing to get! Don't you just love those yellow boots (wrong feet) - thanks Grandma Julie, they are to die for. Lyv also got a special little package in the mail from Grandma Great - Lyv's name sake, my Grandma Jeanne. She sent Lyv a super cute cupcake necklace, just because. Lyv opened it and squeeled "Pretty!" She loves it.



1 comment:

My Everythings said...

Reading this post made me miss you!!! I wish we could take our kids on fun adventures together weekly. I am totally losing my mind too, and it IS frustrating. Love you. :) xoxo