Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A little taste of my own medicine...Skipper!)


After our indoor swimming session Lyv refused to take off her swimming suit. She loves it - the only way I could get her to put a diaper on was to allow her to wear her other dry swimming suit. Now those of my family will be laughing right now... because as a child I too was OBSESSED with wearing my swimming suits. I wore them everywhere, and if necessary underneath everything including my dresses at church. I got a nickname from this: Skipper. So I guess I deserve this torture a little bit right?








HOWEVER, and yes CAPITAL letters are NECESSARY for this.... I don't know what I did to deserve the sassy little misses that Lyv can be on occassion. The other morning as we are scrambling to get Sam to the bus on time (which in and of itself is a feat) she decided that the clothes I picked her weren't quite right! Seriously, she knows what shirt goes with what pants. Once I got the outfit right, through screams and crocodile tears, I'm attempting to read her mind as to which shoes work with the outfit she's allowed me to put on her. I guessed wrong! BIG mistake! I begin to just grab her and go, but she's now crying so hard that she throws up! Nice huh? So not only don't we make the bus on time, but I have to change her clothes again, clean up the floor, and throw a load of laundry in the washer, and still attempt to get Sam to school on time! Aye,Yie, Yie! The boys never have had the crying vomit - so I'm checking this off as an OMG - Oh My Girl!

5 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

oh my goodness...she is so cute!

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck that's so funny about the swimming suit thing! She's so dang cute who can blame her for wanting to flaunt it! :) Good luck with the crying/tantrums/throwing up- Meg's 5 and that has finally stopped, but girls sure are a different beast!

Jennilyn said...

She is the cutest thing ever! Aren't mornings the greatest!

Freeman Family said...

You are not alone my friend! Claire too has vomited on more than one occasion in her fits of rage. She too is obsessed with clothes and refuses to wear pants anymore. Oh yeah and it has to have pink or purple on it and ABSOLUTELY no blue on it because blue is for boys! Oh and accessories are a must. Never leave home without an extra plastic ring or beaded necklace because if she loses it and doesn't have a replacement the world nearly comes to an end. Good luck momma!

Julie said...

Cute Cute Cute!! Only 12 more days...I can hardly wait!