Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Newest hair style

Summer always brings out the clippers at our house.  The boys all go for a short, short cut so that the summer humidity is a little more barible.  Sam begged and begged for a new do: MOHAWK!  We did and he thinks he is the coolest boy in school. It goes from front to back, and you know that means business! A little different from his wavy locks, but much cooler. 


In other updates, we have been spending a lot of time outdoors enjoying the warm weather.  Most days the kids end up in the creek, or with the sprinkler on the tramp.  Either way it equals a lot of mud, dirt, and laundry!  Jack has an ability to go through about 3 outfits a day with his never ending explorations.


 Lyv loves cruising on this little bike and she is quite good at it.  She really does "fly" down the driveway.  But she has also started to love her helmet!  (Dana this is for you!) She is ready to hit the open road, and seems to have little fear of going where she shouldn't - aka towards the road.  She also loves to pick all the wild flowers that grow around our yard.  I heartily encourage the picking of the dandelions, so she's become quite the flower girl.


Finally, an action shot, just so I have it on record in case it never happens again! Sam manning the mower - the next week, he was all pumped to do it again, but I had to kid safe it by going around the edges and by the time I did that he had lost interest and decided to not mow.  I told him that was okay and mowed it myself.  Later he came out distraught that I had done it.  He thought I was upset with him for not doing it.  I told him he still has 2 good years to "choose" to mow, after that I will be upset if he doesn't.

1 comment:

Freeman Family said...

Yeah for helmets! ha ha! I didn't let Carter see your post as he has been begging to learn to mow and I am not sure I am ready for that yet! Seems like yesterday they were trading grass back and forth at the fence, now mowing, umm..please quit growing!