Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Bringing the circus to town





(Sam is the 6th from the left).
Our life seems to be choatic especially when I'm out with the kids by myself.  I find myself working up a sweat just trying to keep track of them all.  My kids always bring the circus to town. Two weeks ago Sam had his opening day for Baseball.  We got to the field 2 hours early (YES, crazy!) for team pictures, and then tried to manage Jack and Lyv while opening ceremonies were being conducted.  What it turned into was me trying to yell at them under my breath, and them laughing at my attempts to keep them clean.  The dirt and the rocks won out!  They came home and we had a mud bath. Several ladies in the crowd loved watching Lyv put rocks in her hair, and then laugh as I had to pull rocks out of her diaper!

Jack has always had a great sense of humor, and continues to provide laughs, usually in inappropriate ways.  For example watching We Bought a Zoo, the character curses and Jack laughs and yells it out "***hole!) "That is so funny!"  Trying not to laugh we tell him that isn't a good word, and then note to watch the movie without the kids before family viewing.  He also gets words mixed up a lot or makes up his own variation of words.  Here he was working on "cabbages" (cavities) in his patient's mouth with our playdough dentist. Many more moments like this with Jack, and I will be so sad when he leaves to school and takes his humor with him.

No comments: